Someone told the whole truth

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
When Samuel Clemens wrote The War Prayer a friend asked him when he was going to publish it. He replied "I have told the whole truth, and that is something that no man can do. You may publish it when I am dead."

The blog "Thick as Thieves" has now contains an entry which does what Mark Twain couldn't. It tells the entire truth while the author is still alive. Anyone who takes his or her martial arts seriously should take a look and meditate on it.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Be that as it may, all the "ching-chang-chong" stuff I've studied has improved my odds without having to learn additional lessons the hard way.

Will to fight/fighting spirit is important, but you don't have to be a psychopath to be effective.

Maybe I'm missing the point he is trying to make ...

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Be that as it may, all the "ching-chang-chong" stuff I've studied has improved my odds without having to learn additional lessons the hard way.

Will to fight/fighting spirit is important, but you don't have to be a psychopath to be effective.

Maybe I'm missing the point he is trying to make ...

I don't think he's trying to make any point, so much as clearing his own head.

Either way, it was a very interesting read.

OP
tellner

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Indeed. He's quite literally travelled the world getting the best martial arts instruction he could find and trains like a demon. This is the perspective of a man who has had to think a lot about what it means in the context of his life and values.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow.

That...was powerful. :asian:

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't disagree: it was well written and a compelling read.

I'm just not sure what he is trying to say in regards to the martial arts.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't disagree: it was well written and a compelling read.

I'm just not sure what he is trying to say in regards to the martial arts.

He's not trying to say anything. The post itself is only related to martial arts in that they both contain elements of the study of violence. It's not an opinion piece. It's a diary entry.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
He's not trying to say anything. The post itself is only related to martial arts in that they both contain elements of the study of violence. It's not an opinion piece. It's a diary entry.

Fair enough :)

Latest Discussions