Someone in the ads section needs to be sacked .....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
299681_396194960474139_691906700_n.jpg

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First of all, that's an awful statistic if it is even remotely true. Secondly, aye, terrible juxtaposition on someones part.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
First of all, that's an awful statistic if it is even remotely true. Secondly, aye, terrible juxtaposition on someones part.

They say one in 4 women will be sexually assaulted...the 1 in 4 seems too be popular. I always have wondered how true that statistic was.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It also leaves out the fact that many men are beaten by women. It's as serious as the other way around but people tend to laugh at a man who is abused by a woman, there is also violence in gay and lesbian relationships.
http://www.womensaid.org.uk/domesti...tion=0001000100220036&sectionTitle=Statistics they quote 1 in 4 as well, I think it's accurate but is expressed that way because it's easier to empathise with, if they say so many thousands it's hard to get your head around but say 1 in 4 and you think of four friends/colleagues etc and it's eaiser to imagine the enormity of the situation.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It also leaves out the fact that many men are beaten by women. It's as serious as the other way around but people tend to laugh at a man who is abused by a woman, there is also violence in gay and lesbian relationships.
http://www.womensaid.org.uk/domesti...tion=0001000100220036&sectionTitle=Statistics they quote 1 in 4 as well, I think it's accurate but is expressed that way because it's easier to empathise with, if they say so many thousands it's hard to get your head around but say 1 in 4 and you think of four friends/colleagues etc and it's eaiser to imagine the enormity of the situation.

It is, but the scary thought is that I am pretty sure most of the people I know have not been assaulted...I hate to see the people who up the stats!

Latest Discussions