So your meeting a woman on a first date.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your right of course, some blokes do consider a dinner mean sex, but then there are girl that wont do sex unless they are bought dinner ( there a very good reason why romantic dingers are a thing)and other that will for a bag of snacks,

its largely nonsence, women generaly are as keen on sex as blokes, perhaps more choosy about which bloke, but thats why alcohol was invented,

And that says it all...........

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Males have their truth, females have theirs (perhaps part of the Grand Design). Each acts in accordance with their beliefs, whether based in yin or yang. But I think these actions must be based on one understanding the other. Yin must accept and consider there is Yang, and visa versa. Then, though different, they can work together in harmony.

An attack will not be successful without considering and understanding the defense, and a defense won't work without considering and understanding lines of attack. As martial artists, we study and practice this concept. Male/female relationships IMO are similar in this respect.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Males have their truth, females have theirs (perhaps part of the Grand Design). Each acts in accordance with their beliefs, whether based in yin or yang. But I think these actions must be based on one understanding the other. Yin must accept and consider there is Yang, and visa versa. Then, though different, they can work together in harmony.

An attack will not be successful without considering and understanding the defense, and a defense won't work without considering and understanding lines of attack. As martial artists, we study and practice this concept. Male/female relationships IMO are similar in this respect.

Relationships between men and women should not be regarded in any way as attacking or a fight.
I suggest you look up the Jewish concept of Bashert and best way to develop a relationship with a partner.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Relationships between men and women should not be regarded in any way as attacking or a fight.
I suggest you look up the Jewish concept of Bashert and best way to develop a relationship with a partner.
i belive you are correct, the problem is that in order to have a relationship to nourish, you first have to have a relationship, and in the modon world sexual attraction has much better chance than compatability/ compasion and any number of other things that help a relationship, of getting you a partner.

no the relationship should not ve viewed as a attack defence, it can however be a game of stratagy, to both present yourself in the best light and to out manouver other intrested males, i suspect the revesre is also true to a large extent, the human mattibg ritual is not much different, but more complex perhaps that our mamal cousins .

if you havent got the good looks to have womens forming an orderly queue in the disco, then you need to revert to phycology and strategy , to give yourself a chance

its no coincidence, i would sugest, that of the women who have called time on our relationship as they have met some one they prefere more, that this is never a guy thats less physicaly atractive than i am. NEVER

as a rule of thumb, they return 3 months later, saying the guy was an #### and can they start again? just being really nice to them doesnt seem to count for much

Last edited:

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was not inferring any such thing. Sorry you took it in that light. I was just using MA terms (since this is an MA forum) to get across the idea that both sides of the coin should understand each other.

I purposely wrote "in this respect" to limit the statement's meaning to the topic being referred to - men and women understanding each other's viewpoints. Perhaps I should have kept it in the same paragraph, but it was just an analogy. I thought this was clear from the rest of the post's context.

It seems that I have ironically violated the very principal I was writing about, and did not properly consider the "other side's" misinterpretation of my post and their sensitivity to my using MA terms to describe the need for both parties to consider and understand each other. (I'm pretty sure, Tez3, that you do agree with this main idea) I thought that this theme was prevalent enough in my post that it would not be taken the wrong way.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
using MA terms to describe the need for both parties to consider and understand each other.
I always like to use men and women relationship to describe MA strategy/principle.

- You should always attack first. If a Taiji guy always follows the Taiji principle, "If you don't move, I won't move." He will never be able to have his 1st date.
- You have to give before you can take.
- It's better to lose by trying then to win by not trying.
- Try to lead the fight. Don't let your opponent to lead the fight.
- Fighting is like to date a girl. You need a plan.
- You need cross training. There exist no single girl who is pretty, rich, good in cooking, and ... :D
- Your posture training should be like to hug a girl.

hug-tree.jpg

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are in a hole, stop digging.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So in your dating experience have you set across or next to the woman on a first date? Which do you think makes more sense and would lead to a better date?
Sit across the table. Look at the girl through her eyes for 10 minutes and say, "I wish I can look at you like this for the rest of my life."

You can't do this when you sit next to her.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sit across the table. Look at the girl through her eyes for 10 minutes and say, "I wish I can look at you like this for the rest of my life."

You can't do this when you sit next to her.

That'll work if you want her to throw up or you like stupid girls.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's very lucky to have true love in your life time.

If a girl tells you that she hasn't washed her hands for 2 days after you hold her hand, you should stop looking. That girl should be your wife.
You should probably stay away from that girls. Bad hygiene practices, particularly with covid.

Latest Discussions