Snow Vehicle Concept (1924)

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very cool. Kinda felt sorry for the horse. I wonder what the Segway company could do with this concept.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pretty dang cool and very clever... of course the wide footprint is what helps keep the thing from sinking into the deep snow. One would imagine that using today's composite materials they could conceivably make one that can go on water as like flotation pontoons which still propel the vehicle using the spiral blades.
One has to wonder why this concept never really took off. Too expensive? I think that today it would be relatively cheap to build using thick fiberglass for the pontoons. A better version would definitely be built now-a-days but... gee, this looks pretty neat.
They could make smaller ones about the size of a big snowmobile... and those suckers can sink in deep snow.

Very cool. Kinda felt sorry for the horse.

Heh... I was just thinking what a field day PETA would have with this.... had they been around back then. LOL

but of course no animals were harmed during the filming of this concept vehicle. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Actually it was not all to kind to fences :D

I think I saw a water vehicle with pontoons that were like that for propulsion. I will have to look and see if I can find it.