Six Telltale Signs of Career Burnout

Sign #1: Your Job Is Making You a Jerk

Sign #2: You're Driving Loved Ones Crazy With YourComplaining

Sign #3: You're Thinking About Everything But Work

Sign #4: Your Industry Is on Life Support

Sign #5: You Don't Feel Like You Fit In

Sign #6: You'd Rather Go to the Dentist Than to Your Job

I hit signs #3, #5, #6 hard and I am seriously heading towards #1

Just told a user who was not reading the popup screen andwas complaining about a new Laptop we just gave them that I am tired of people complainingwhen the get new stuff for free and frankly phft I don't care

How about you? and if you are happy at your job that isgreat and I promise :wink2: not to chastise you for saying you are :D

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
all except for 2 and 4, for me. I hope I'm not too far into #1, but I'm afraid I may be on that road too.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why do you stay someplace you hate? My last year and a half in the Marines I HATED but I couldnt leave its against the law. I said then I would NEVER stay someplace I hate. I hear folk that are so miserable with their jobs and I just dont get it.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Why do you stay someplace you hate? My last year and a half in the Marines I HATED but I couldnt leave its against the law. I said then I would NEVER stay someplace I hate. I hear folk that are so miserable with their jobs and I just dont get it.

Responsibility, family, pension. college cost on the horizon, health benefits all depend on, bills, getting old...er

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Responsibility, family, pension. college cost on the horizon, health benefits all depend on, bills, getting old...er

I guess just not worth it to me Id look for something else. Did you ever like it?

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Many of those points can transfer over to other areas. Relationships, school, friendships, as well as work. When you're done, and your heart just isn't in it any more, time to bail. Though sometimes life forces us to endure the unendurable for a bit longer than we would like.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I guess just not worth it to me Id look for something else. Did you ever like it?

Age and responsibility can make it as required as having to stay in the Marines....that is if you care for your family and those that depend on you....they are worth it.

Did I ever like it.....yup

Does this mean I am staying in it exactly how it is today....no

Are there other areas in this field I can switch too...well based on my background and training...yes

But it will ultimately be the same guy in charge...or at least the same title in charge for at least the next 5 to 10 years.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Age and responsibility can make it as required as having to stay in the Marines....that is if you care for your family and those that depend on you....they are worth it.
I get that
Did I ever like it.....yup

Does this mean I am staying in it exactly how it is today....no

Are there other areas in this field I can switch too...well based on my background and training...yes

But it will ultimately be the same guy in charge...or at least the same title in charge for at least the next 5 to 10 years.
So its more the boss then the job. Yeah that's why I quit my last job the boss was out of touch with reality of today's police work. He has been a cop for over 50 years and was stuck in the well in my day we did it this way so that's how we will do it now. He didn't believe in technology or modern crime fighting methods. Eventually I hated working there so I quit.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Apparently I have the least stressful job in the world, according to CNBC:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100349332/page/11

DAMN man...now I am not sure I can even like you when you DO go back to work :uhyeah:

I actually was going to look into that at one point but with everything going on (Work, US Family, Family issues in China) I simply had no time to finish my MS degree.

Question: Have they ever gone to the BMV?

Bureau of Motor Vehicles??? Boston Musica Viva???

What is the BMV?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bureau of Motor Vehicles, yeah--try getting someone there to do something. It's like the full employment plan for narcoleptics.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bureau of Motor Vehicles, yeah--try getting someone there to do something. It's like the full employment plan for narcoleptics.

Yeah, been there and luckily the one closest to my house is pretty good,, never been there longer than 15 to 20 minutes...however the one closest to my office, the central office for the state actually...is not so good...you could be there for days...except here it is the DMV that was what was causing the confusion

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
So its more the boss then the job. Yeah that's why I quit my last job the boss was out of touch with reality of today's police work. He has been a cop for over 50 years and was stuck in the well in my day we did it this way so that's how we will do it now. He didn't believe in technology or modern crime fighting methods. Eventually I hated working there so I quit.

No, its the Job, I work for a state government so ultimately I work for a governor and that title stays, it could be a different guy, but the title is the same. My immediate boss is fine, although the last one was not, it is the job and bureaucracy we work in that is the issue

Latest Discussions