Reaction score
Good Lord... :wah:

My prayers to the families as well... :asian:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My best friend lives in that town. I'm checking now to see if he knows any of the folks involved.

:asian:

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
The BS Chutzpah award goes to the members of the shooter's family. Instead of being ashamed and apologetic, they've been justifying these murders during interviews.

Yeah, after losing a court case and getting lots of traffic tickets, why what else was there to do but murder a couple of cops and shoot up City Hall?

I'm thinking these losers should consider a little stfu lest they reap what their relative sowed.....

and..... Do you think any media rep reacted with outrage? Not that I saw.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is another sad case of public attention. Because the news media "hyped" these sad and tragic situations more and more people with causes will use them in order to get the "air time".
A few solutions that could help deter this kind of sick "mind set",
* the news media should stop "hyping up" this kind of news,
* the news media should not explain how the plan of execution was set up,
* use only one entrance and all the emergency exits should be one way emergency doors,
* metal detectors at the main entrance,
* all other doors within a building should be locked, if the weapons were hidden days before the suspects would have a difficult time retreving them,
* at events like this one all LEO's should wear heavy body armor,(stops most rifle rounds),
* LEO's should be placed in locations where they can see both the front and back side of a large group,
* people attending events should be self aware, they should us a casual eye to watch the group themselves,
I realize that using hind sight is easy but it is a doorway for moving forward in a positive manner.
R.
I.
P.
to all whose lives have been taken away from their family, friends, their hopes and goals.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is another sad case of public attention. Because the news media "hyps" these sad and tragic situations more and more people with causes will use them in order to get the "air time".
A few solutions to help deter this kind of sick "mind set",
* the news media should stop hyping up this kind of news,
* use only one entrance and all the emergency exits should be one way emergency doors,
* all other doors within a building should be locked, if the weapons were hidden days before the suspects would have a difficult time retreving them,
* at events like this one all LEO's should wear heavy body armor,(stops most rifle rounds),
* LEO's should be placed in locations where they can see both the front and back side of a large group,
* people attending events should be self aware, they should us a casual eye to watch the group themselves,
I realize hind sight is great but it is a doorway for moving forward in a positive manner.

Yes..Well said...It became a policy here at the Transit Authority to have an officer present at ALL meetings that the public has acess too..

R.
I.
P.
to all whose lives have been taken away from their family, friends, their hopes and goals.

Amen...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is another sad case of public attention. Because the news media "hyped" these sad and tragic situations more and more people with causes will use them in order to get the "air time".
A few solutions that could help deter this kind of sick "mind set",
* the news media should stop "hyping up" this kind of news,
I realize that using hind sight is easy but it is a doorway for moving forward in a positive manner.
R.
I.
P.

Lawdog this is a great post and only if the people of this world could learn from it

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims.

It seems sometimes that when people argue about religion and the various forms of it they forget the great god 'The News Bulletin' which has to be fed at all costs with it's followers ripping lives apart in order to keep up with it's evergrowing hunger for more headline grabbing 'stories'.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-I listen to the radio a lot, usually talk radio, since music stations are quite redundant...wait a minute, so is talk radio...anyways, top of the hour, news update, and this particular story, I heard them interview the brother and the mother of the shooter, and both of them kept saying that the officials involved were always harassing the shooter by way of parking tickets. Seems the shooter worked construction, or perhaps owned a construction company, but at many of the job sites, guess they kept getting tickets for where their vehicles were parked. Insanity? Or just plain "I don't want to take responsibility for my action" stupid? They made it out like the officials had a personal grudge against this individual. Whatever.

Andrew

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
-I listen to the radio a lot, usually talk radio, since music stations are quite redundant...wait a minute, so is talk radio...anyways, top of the hour, news update, and this particular story, I heard them interview the brother and the mother of the shooter, and both of them kept saying that the officials involved were always harassing the shooter by way of parking tickets. Seems the shooter worked construction, or perhaps owned a construction company, but at many of the job sites, guess they kept getting tickets for where their vehicles were parked. Insanity? Or just plain "I don't want to take responsibility for my action" stupid? They made it out like the officials had a personal grudge against this individual. Whatever.

Andrew

Boy, do we see eye to eye on the radio menu..If they are parked illegally they get ticketed, pay the ticket..If you think you are being harrassed see the Chief or the Safety Director and lodge a complaint..Yeah they always find a relative to give the "He was a good person speech and they harrassed him"...

Latest Discussions