Siu Lim Tau - the new style

MacPedro

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Guys,

I don't know what I'm talking about more than half the time but I don't know if that was a responsible double Fak Sau to broadcast. I fail to see how it could be done with self preservation in mind.

Pedro

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I consider myself a reasonably broad minded guy.... but that's not Siu Nim Tau! A collection of linked drills and movements? Perhaps. Useful? I doubt it. And the way he was bouncing up and down, no wonder the "imaginary sheep" between his legs was struggling. More like imaginary bestiality, I'd say.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It lost me when 'imagine a sheep between your legs came up'! I could not stop laughing! A few weeks ago the Brigade Commander with his wife and children were taking a walk up on the training area which is pleasant moorland when not being used for military stuff, he came back very annoyed and reported that they had seen a man up there 'interfering with a sheep', someone was dispatched to arrest the man, luckily not me but it caused great mirth and being told to imagine having a sheep bewtween your legs was just too much... I didn't even see the rest of the video!

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Painful to watch....that poor sheep never had a chance

daz1971

White Belt
Reaction score
I think that was personally speaking ridiculous,bouncing around all over the place way way over the top,elbows out most of the time and looked as if it was made up as he went along!!

Judokarl

White Belt
Reaction score
Now I am a novice in Wing Chun so I don't know much but I thought part of the porpoise of Siu Lim Tau was to help train correct elbow positioning and learning how to root yourself better. So my question is how does the jumping help in this variation?

OP
W

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Now I am a novice in Wing Chun so I don't know much but I thought part of the porpoise of Siu Lim Tau was to help train correct elbow positioning and learning how to root yourself better. So my question is how does the jumping help in this variation?

Welcome to the forum. You have just answered your own question, grass hopper son.:p

Latest Discussions