Silat Minangkabau Harimau

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have previously posted some information under the thread "Which Silat Style" .
If anyone has an interest in actually meeting and training with Guru De-Bordes , we shall have a seminar here in Dallas Tx Feb 10-11. I have posted in the "Event" section as well.

Guru approaches Harimau training with a very pragmatic , street oriented worldview. I think if you have had curiousity regarding this method"s combat effectiveness, it would be edifying to see him in action.
He is a very approachable instructor and is always willing to show those who have a sincere interest in his art , how to effectively apply the concepts and methodology of the Harimau system. Our open seminars do not require one to be versed in silat or harimau , nor does it demand incredible leg conditioning.....very "beginner friendly".

We would certainly enjoy the visit of anyone with a sincere interest in this style of silat !

Contact [email protected] for information regarding accomodations or refer to our flier on www.pencaksilatdallas.com

Guru De-Bordes and I shall also travel to Traverse Michigan for a seminar at the school of a Bill Gapinsky. I believe this seminar is open to the public. We will be there to teach on Feb 17-18 .

With Respect

Doc

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fantastic! Thanks for posting this, Doc D. Your "Which Silat Style" is a terrific read. I hope you can make it out towards New England one of these days :)

Rattan_Bridge108

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi doc! Ive seen some clips of your Guru in action. Pretty brutal stuff. Way more aggressive then other Harimau Ive seen. Is he ever gonna have a seminar here in Chicago?

OP
D

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I imagine he would be open to a seminar there. I think the closest to Chicago is a seminar in Ohio. Kelly Smith at [email protected] has the details for that seminar
Doc

Latest Discussions