Shut down the Kenponet Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
The jealousy in Kenpo...........saddens me:wah:

Now I'm confused. What did you think I might be jealous of?

Anyway, I didn't get to visit you enough at camp last time so I hope you might come back this Fall.
:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by cdhall
Now I'm confused. What did you think I might be jealous of?

Anyway, I didn't get to visit you enough at camp last time so I hope you might come back this Fall.
:asian:

Me!:cool:

I just may do that!

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
The jealousy in Kenpo...........saddens me:wah:

I agree...and I might add, so does the arrogance...nods....I've run into too many who think they are the next Ed Parker...*rme.

K

Kirk

IMO kenponet isn't moderated enough, as opposed to this board,
which is over moderated. There's gotta be a happy medium. I've
only disagreed with 1 post being deleted on kenponet (they do
their job VERY well, when they do it), and I got a quick response
explaining that they decided to just delete the whole thread
instead of picking and choosing posts. I can understand that.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
trashing a person with your keyboard while you're in a different state is easy enough as it is....it's even easier when you have the option of anonymous posting.

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by tarabos
trashing a person with your keyboard while you're in a different state is easy enough as it is....it's even easier when you have the option of anonymous posting.

Very good point!
:shrug:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I agree that anonymous posters have a serious credibitily issue if that is what you mean.

Editing Note: I just noticed you said "trashing" whereas I orginally read it as "training" so yes, I agree. The few times I've chastised someone on here it was for being a "keyboard warrior" as I think Clyde likes to call them.
:eek:

R

RCastillo

Yeah, what the BIG DOG says!;)

OP
D

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think if they went to a password that would only be sent via email then they would have more success in weeding out the "trolls." As it stands right now, it is not a good represenative of what any martial art should be. Of course this could be a symptom of disrespectful people that has been building for some time and a few (many?) people decided to cross the line of good taste.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got pointed in this direction, and think I need to say a few things.

Theres some misconceptions, misunderstandings, etc. that need to be clearedup regarding some things.

1- Please don't bash other forums here. Kenponet, like MartialTalk is the creation of its community, but in the end, there is 1 person who had the idea and vision that got things rolling. I can't speak for Josh, and to my knowledge he isn't a member here, but some of the things that have been said cut deeply. MartialTalk is not the place to go on rabid tears on how screwed up things are about other forums. Contact Josh and offer him some constructive solutions. I'm sure he's as tired of some of the crap there as you guys are, but like me, sometimes can't see a fix.

2- MartialTalks 'opinion' towards Kenponet or other forums.
We have no 'hated rivals'. Each board has its own unique feel and community and structure. Some people like MT, some do not, some prefer a lighter touch, and some want even stricter moderation. Not all boards are equal. I have no animosity towards KenpoNet, E-Budo, Budoseek, MartialArtsPlanet, or Defend. I'm in contact with most of the admins of the major sites, and we share ideas from time to time. I would personally love to see each forum have major representation in our new MartialTalk magazine for example, and one of the features in there will be profiling the other forums. If we didn't like em, why would we do that? The friendly competition makes us all stronger. Thats 1 of the reasons why I post the stats I do.

I would love to see MT as the #1 kenpo forum out there, and think that we offer a good area for kenpoists to communicate. But it is not my desire to see a site like Kenponet draged thru the mud here. Its a good site, with some great resources for the kenpo community. I would hate to see it go.

Please take the concerns up with their staff who I'm sure would love to have some fresh perspectives and positive solutions to help them resolve your concerns.

Thank you.
Bob

-Admin Note: This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions