Should You Stay Or Should You Go?

repz

Green Belt
Reaction score
For someone whos muscled up, and goes through discrimination, staying on scene can have serious consequences. Thats the reality of the situation. No one built a clear picture to the situation, but in my head, it depends on many factors if you stay or go.

If you and him are the witness, and the guy doesnt have a record, whats makes you think your story would hold weight? Especially if you are standing above him while he tries to fix his face (which is assualt, and is the only evidence they can actually see, which is your red fists to their bleeding face). If anything, you'd both were probably be hit with some lesser crime like disturbing the peace, just so you can ride and they can get their pat on the back. And considering above where I am not the shirt and tie type guy and my look doesnt look like the guy who gets jumped, but does the jumping instead, I can easily see this outcome. If hes with a friend, since I am assuming by the question you are alone, you have two witnesses against your own.

Only way I would stay on scene, or close to it, is if theres a crowd with witness that are actually going to say something, or if its in my own neighborhood (which to be honest, I'll be worried he might find me again, so Id have no choice but to stay and point him out and hopefully me living in the area can appeal to the cop). I would call the cops if he tried to rob me or shoot me, because chances are he has a record, or would do it again. If its a, "hey, you looked at my girl!" "no i didnt", "yes you did!"... then you will both ride to jail. I seen it in clubs all the time, even with witnesses.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
If its a, "hey, you looked at my girl!" "no i didnt", "yes you did!"... then you will both ride to jail. I seen it in clubs all the time, even with witnesses.

And rightly so.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
And rightly so.

Yep, because usually instead of walking away, the guy who is being accused of looking at the girl wants to make a point (probably because he was actually looking at his girl) and that's how the fight starts.

In a bar situation, anyone who has half a brain can recognize someone eyeballing them 20 minutes before the confrontation starts. And if they don't want a confrontation, they should probably just leave.

That having been said, if one must get in a fight in a bar situation, it is probably best advised (contrary to some other situations) to flee the scene before the police arrive. The reality is that most of the other folks won't cooperate with the police investigation, including the injured other party, and those that do are probably too drunk to be effective witnesses anyway.

What's more, unless it's a very serious injury, the police don't have time to really investigate a bar brawl that's already been resolved. Staying on the scene risks being picked up on drunk and disorderly and spending the rest of the night in the drunk tank.

Because priority one in a bar brawl call is to establish civil order..........which may take a few minutes given that every drunk wants to be heard, and or continue to fight, after the police arrive. It'll take at least 20 minutes to get the crowd scene sorted out to determine who even caused what, if at all.

The odd's are good that if you have already left the scene, you may never come in contact with the police about this incident. The odd's are better that if you remain on scene, even if you weren't the initial aggressor, you'll be arrested. Because the primary concern of police responding units is to end the trouble and restore order. Taking yourself away from the scene removes you from being a problem.

Now, if the other guy is serious injured, i.e. requires more than a few stitches, they might be looking for you.

Latest Discussions