Share your greatest song or lyric???

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am back, and with one of the rarest videos ever! The guitarist/singer of this band is named Matt Sweeney, who has had a pretty diverse music career. I believe this was his first band. After that, he fronted a better-known (but still obscure) band named Chavez. (I'll share a video of theirs in a moment.) Then he was in the short-lived Zwan with Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin from the Smashing Pumpkins, along with Paz Lenchantin (A Perfect Circle, the Pixies) and Dave Pajo (Tortoise, Papa M). After that he was a guest musician for many different artists, including Adele. At any rate, the distortion on this song is absolutely bada$$. I also like how it goes from balls-to-the-wall rock to that melodic part around 2:37.

Ryan_

Green Belt
Reaction score
Work out music- rock- usually KISS
feeling relaxed- music like oasis, the verve
Feeling like anything else- fall out boy, panic at the disco

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
“Buried Down Low”

When the sun sinks low enough to crawl into this crypt,
and the shadows are stealing wisdom from my home,
that’s when I learn the truth.
That’s when I feel alive.

Driven into fields of azure weeds and smoking hills,
I know the pain of the grinding machinery again.
It doesn’t hide the sound
of crumbling bones in me.

They led me to this altar
to embrace this crimson rune.
And while I bent my back
to suffer through this worship,
they stole my fading crystals,
left me there kneeling
and ready to wither.

But I broke the walls they set for me.
I rocked their boats like a raging sea.
I made no more mistakes when I woke this time.
I use the shackles that bind me to see me free.

And when I’m buried down low beneath these shuffling feet,
that’s the time when I can resurrect my dreams.
And when I’m buried down low beneath these shuffling feet,
that’s the time when I can resurrect my dreams.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had a bad morning and a not so great day. This is not a song or type of music I generally play, but I heard this at the barbershop this morning and this video was playing while I was there and it relaxed me and got stuck in my head...then enter work..... and I just remembered this and I am sitting here listening to it as I type and it is helping...justwanted to share it

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ah, I LOVE this thread.

For some reason, I have always enjoyed listening to music from outside of the USA. Been listening to a lot of Natalia Lafourcade. Man, her voice... holy cow.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of my favorite song lyrics.....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you've ever been to a Billy Joel concert, be it small or sixty thousand people, this might be the best sing along song of all time. And it's the only one I can think of where you can actually understand what a large audience is singing, even if you never herd the song before.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Danny Nedelko by the Idles

Love this song and the pro-immigrant sentiment, including the prominent use of the "Okay" symbol, which (at least in the USA) has been appropriated by white nationalists. Catchy song that is very much in the spirit of punk bands from the 80s. I really like these kids a lot. This song was actually written for/about the lead singer of Heavy Lungs, another band fromthe UK.

And this Self Worth by Heavy Lungs

The guy from the last video is the lead singer.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
These lyrics were words we lived by back in the day. Indeed, send lawyers, guns and money...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man, I screwed that up......let me try again....

Lawyers, Guns and Money came out after he released "Werewolves of London", which I also loved.

Towards the end of that song, are these lyrics..

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
And his hair was perfect!

Back then, me and two other fools went to Hawaii for a couple weeks of R and R and to take a much needed break from the dojo.... which turned into two months of partying. Running low on funds, we used to go to Trader Vic's. They had an all you can eat deal everyday between four and eight P.M.

We'd get there right at four, consume mass quantities, sitting on the balcony overlooking the strip, people watching. About twenty minutes before eight, we'd get up and eat again. It's all we would eat, or need, for the whole day. All for eight bucks. we went there every day.

One night a bunch of gals came in. One had a boom box thing. She played Werewolves of London. People started singing it, even the employees. We got up and started dancing, then everyone else did.

The chorus was....
Aa-hooo! Werewolves of London!
Aa-hooo!
Aa-hooo! Werewolves of London!
Aa-hooo!

Everybody in the place was singing and dancing, and just about screaming the chorus.

It was so freaking awesome I'll never forget it.

Latest Discussions