Shaolin Snake

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One of my two seniors in my Wudan Shaolin school, is a Bok Lum Snake style and is incredible. He can take a watermelon, and with a snake hand, go right through a watermelon and explode it. His snake style is traditional, not wushu, and he has trained in it since he was 5 years old, now age 35! He is also 6' 6" and about 300 lbs and as fast as the monk on this video! Imagine having to spar him every day for 7 years. And my bird is not too bad.....LOL!!

OP
David Weatherly

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
One of my two seniors in my Wudan Shaolin school, is a Bok Lum Snake style and is incredible. He can take a watermelon, and with a snake hand, go right through a watermelon and explode it. His snake style is traditional, not wushu, and he has trained in it since he was 5 years old, now age 35! He is also 6' 6" and about 300 lbs and as fast as the monk on this video! Imagine having to spar him every day for 7 years. And my bird is not too bad.....LOL!!

Wow, that's a big guy to be doing snake style.

David

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
When I first trained with him after 12 or 13 years in another system, he was 17 and just as tall but much lighter. The bad thing is the extra muscle and weight did not hinder him at all! Ouch! Interesting though...he would not hurt you as long as you fought him and stayed in there and used your system, but if you ran from him, he would get pissed and try to mess you up....said his father taught both you and him, why are ya running? Because you are very big, very fast, very adept, and I was a bird so I flew!!! LOL!

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
How to snake Fighters develop there snake fist to bust watermelons open?

When I first trained with him after 12 or 13 years in another system, he was 17 and just as tall but much lighter. The bad thing is the extra muscle and weight did not hinder him at all! Ouch! Interesting though...he would not hurt you as long as you fought him and stayed in there and used your system, but if you ran from him, he would get pissed and try to mess you up....said his father taught both you and him, why are ya running? Because you are very big, very fast, very adept, and I was a bird so I flew!!! LOL!

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I do not know, I am a Bird, hopefully flying above or around him...LOL! Actually, Ronnie did some amazing training which I was not totally privy to as I met him at 17 and he has been training since age 5, so I am not sure if it is similar to my eagle, Ninebird, crane, etc hand training.

OP
David Weatherly

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just curious, do you know if his style of snake uses a lot of pressure point strikes?

David

Latest Discussions