Staff member
Reaction score
Cool Xue!
icon14.gif

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
it's great!
i have seen his video before, and so impressed by his performance.
i think it's better than those kung fu monks on the stage.
and i am also surprise that he doesn't learn the martial art from shaolin temple, his sifu is not monk. this truth may tell us some information about shaolin temple nowaday.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very interesting. A bit different to other Shaolin stuff I have seen.

The workout on the roof was nuts. One slip and you gone forever.

It was a bit surprising to read on the website that they were lamenting the demise of traditional gong fu in favour of wushu. I haven't read anyting like that on a Chinese site before.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Very interesting. A bit different to other Shaolin stuff I have seen.

The workout on the roof was nuts. One slip and you gone forever.

It was a bit surprising to read on the website that they were lamenting the demise of traditional gong fu in favour of wushu. I haven't read anyting like that on a Chinese site before.

There is another video someplace that I saw of someone, possibly the same guy, doing Xinyi on a wall that was on the edge of a rather high cliff. I will have to see if I can find it, it is equally as impressive and just a bit nuts too.

And I have not read anything on a Chinese site like that before either but it is true, especially at Shaolin today. Shaolin is mainly Contemporary Wushu (forms, forms and more forms) with Sport Sanshou for fighting.

And with the things rumored to be happening at Chenjiagou today they may be next on the PRC Wushu hit parade.

it's great!
i think it's better than those kung fu monks on the stage.

and i am also surprise that he doesn't learn the martial art from shaolin temple, his sifu is not monk. this truth may tell us some information about shaolin temple nowaday.

I agree, I do believe as far a martial skill goes and Shaolin style Kung Fu he is likely MUCH better than the Shaolin stage show performers

Nebuchadnezzar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Couple of links don't work here on MT, but no problem finding them on Youtube. Thanks. for posting this. :wink:

ggg214

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i think the video about his performance on the edge of the cliff is showing the key concept of the shaolin kung fu:拳打付虎之地。it means that the space a shaolin kungfu needs is no more than a place a tiger can lie down.

Latest Discussions