Serial killer abortionist...coverage on Fox...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This trial should be the trial of the century...it should be covered by all the networks and the coverage should go over all the horrible, tragic details of these crimes against living, breathing, children...and yet it receives little coverage because the killer is an abortion doctor who killed infants outside the womb...who were breating on their own...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...gosnell-documentary-report-new-poll-gosnell-b

Fox News will air a one-hour documentary on Sunday night, May 5 titled "See No Evil – The Kermit Gosnell Murders.” The scheduled documentary will be the most in-depth coverage the "house of horrors" murder trial has yet to receive on a major news network.

The latest Fox News poll asked voters why they thought the Gosnell case received relatively little attention from the national press. The most common answer: Liberal media bias. Forty-one percent of voters think the lack of coverage is because there’s a pro-abortion rights bias in the news media.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
against my better judgement, I'll comment here...

so I looked at your link. That entire story was simply a discussion of why this isn't getting more media attention. And certain elements of the population want to blame it on the liberal media, yadda yadda yadda. Wow, am I not surprised. It didn't say a word about the actual story itself. What a waste, and a waste of potential discussion.

I am not familiar with this guy and what he is accused of doing. Abortion remains legal in this nation, and is an important component of women's health. IF IF IF, as your comments suggest, this doctor was actually taking live-born children and killing them on the table, that's a different story. Somehow, given the history of how you post and initiate discussion, how you like to present a topic in a way to slant it in favor of your personal political biases, how you like to demonize those who do not share your political biases, I suspect there is more to the story than that.

care to share a link to an actual story, from a reputable source (i.e., not Foxnews or that other nonsense you like to link to, what's the name...breitbart) about this guy?

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
Since when is an abortion doctor NOT a serial killer?

(And to the person(s) who comments against my statement, please punch yourself real hard in the nuts for me since you're out of reach ~ thank you :D )

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

so I looked at your link. That entire story was simply a discussion of why this isn't getting more media attention. And certain elements of the population want to blame it on the liberal media, yadda yadda yadda. Wow, am I not surprised. It didn't say a word about the actual story itself. What a waste, and a waste of potential discussion.

I am not familiar with this guy and what he is accused of doing. Abortion remains legal in this nation, and is an important component of women's health. IF IF IF, as your comments suggest, this doctor was actually taking live-born children and killing them on the table, that's a different story. Somehow, given the history of how you post and initiate discussion, how you like to present a topic in a way to slant it in favor of your personal political biases, how you like to demonize those who do not share your political biases, I suspect there is more to the story than that.

care to share a link to an actual story, from a reputable source (i.e., not Foxnews or that other nonsense you like to link to, what's the name...breitbart) about this guy?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...15/why-kermit-gosnell-hasnt-been-on-page-one/

“The ultimate non-partisan body – a criminal grand jury – has supplied us with the graphic, 261-page horror story of Kermit Gosnell, M.D., who stands accused of butchering seven babies – yes, after they were born alive — and fatally doping a refugee from Nepal with Demerol in a clinic that smelled of cat urine, where the furniture was stained with blood and the doctor kept a collection of severed baby feet. As often as possible, the report says, Gosnell induced labor for women so pregnant that, as he joked on one occasion, the baby was so big he could “walk me to the bus stop.” Then, hundreds of times over the years, he slit their little necks, according to the grand jury report:
[He] regularly and illegally delivered live, viable, babies in the third trimester of pregnancy – and then murdered these newborns by severing their spinal cords with scissors. The medical practice by which he carried out this business was a filthy fraud in which he overdosed his patients with dangerous drugs, spread venereal disease among them with infected instruments, perforated their wombs and bowels – and, on at least two occasions, caused their deaths. Over the years, many people came to know that something was going on here. But no one put a stop to it.

And the kicker? This nightmare facility had not been inspected in 17 years – other than by someone from the National Abortion Federation, whom he actually invited there. For whatever reason, Gosnell applied for NAF membership two days after the death of the 41-year-old Nepalese woman, Karnamaya Mongar. Even on a day when the place had been scrubbed and spiffed up for the visit, the NAF investigator found it disgusting and rejected Gosnell’s application for membership. But despite noting many outright illegalities, including a padlocked emergency exit in a part of the clinic where women were left alone overnight, the grand jury report notes that the NAF inspector did not report any of these violations to authorities.”

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score

…wow.

Allow me to hold your hand and guide you through the wonderful world of the Interwebz.

Here is a link to a host of article provided by the Huffington Post on the matter. I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine with that source.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/kermit-gosnell-trial

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
…wow.

Allow me to hold your hand and guide you through the wonderful world of the Interwebz.

Here is a link to a host of article provided by the Huffington Post on the matter. I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine with that source.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/kermit-gosnell-trial

oh yeah, Tgace was kind enough to point it out to me.

hey, if someone wants to initiate a discussion, it's up to him to supply some relevant information on the topic, at least to start it off. It's not up to me to go out looking for it, so that I can have the priviledge of joining in. But hey, whatever.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank you Tgace and Celtic_Crippler...Flying Crane proved the point of this thread and the few others on the topic of this killer....this story has been out there for a few weeks now and he has no clue about it...thanks for proving the point of the lack of coverage of this story...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The fact that you had to "go out looking for it," is the problem with the democrat media and this story...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because the narrative is that abortion is supposed to simply be a "medical procedure"...

IMO it's "evil". Perhaps a "necessary evil" at times when it comes to a choice between a womans life or that of the unborn child. I'm not a 100% never anti-abortion advocate. But it's my sincere opinion that the loss of respect for human life in our culture can be found in our attitude towards abortion and the mental lengths people will go through to get their heads around the ugly facts that this case brings to light.

There are quite a few abortion advocates who would say that this doctor was simply too late in his application. If he could have completed the procedure more efficiently while it was still in the womb that somehow would have not been murder. If it's still in the womb its somehow still "part of the womans body".....

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thank you Tgace and Celtic_Crippler...Flying Crane proved the point of this thread and the few others on the topic of this killer....this story has been out there for a few weeks now and he has no clue about it...thanks for proving the point of the lack of coverage of this story...

there may be a lack of coverage of the story and I certainly don't know what the reason for that is. But to blame it on "liberal media", well that's silly. But as I've noticed with you bill, you like to place blame for just about everything that you perceive as a problem onto the liberal flavor-of-the-moment.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Perhaps a "necessary evil" at times when it comes to a choice between a womans life or that of the unborn child.

I agree, tho I give it more latitude and feel the woman should have more control over her reproductive health than simply if it comes to a choice between the life/health of the mother, and that of the fetus. Meaning, I don't agree that that is the only time an abortion is acceptable. But that's just my opinion, and we are simply people on the internet sharing our opinions.

There are quite a few abortion advocates who would say that this doctor was simply too late in his application. If he could have completed the procedure more efficiently while it was still in the womb that somehow would have not been murder. If it's still in the womb its somehow still "part of the womans body".....

Point out one who says that. That's a hefty accusation, based on sheer emotion and speculation that probably cannot be supported. I'd suspect that most everyone, whether pro-choice or not, would say that a doctor killing babies after they are born, is a sick killer and needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Based on the info in the Washington Post article that you linked, If true and he is found guilty in trial, this guy had no business practicing any kind of medicine, and is a criminal, plain and simple. Those who advocate pro-choice do not adovcate killing babies. There's a huge difference there.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Point out one who says that. That's a hefty accusation, based on sheer emotion and speculation that probably cannot be supported. I'd suspect that most everyone, whether pro-choice or not, would say that a doctor killing babies after they are born, is a sick killer and needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Based on the info in the Washington Post article that you linked, If true and he is found guilty in trial, this guy had no business practicing any kind of medicine, and is a criminal, plain and simple. Those who advocate pro-choice do not adovcate killing babies. There's a huge difference there.

And I said that there are pro-abortion supporters who would have had no problem with killing those same babies as long as they were still in the womb when it happened. As long as it's "still inside" it's at risk of abortion in their opinion. All this doctor was guilty of in their opinion was being "too late". If he had been better at his craft and killed it before it was out all would have been well for some abortion activists.

Im not saying all abortion supporters "support" post birth killing. But some wont stand against it either.

[video=youtube_share;QkSaypnvvqY]http://youtu.be/QkSaypnvvqY[/video]

So the same "baby" separated by say two days time could be a fetus of no human value or a baby it would be murder to kill.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And I said that there are pro-abortion supporters who would have had no problem with killing those same babies as long as they were still in the womb when it happened. As long as it's "still inside" it's at risk of abortion in their opinion. All this doctor was guilty of in their opinion was being "too late". If he had been better at his craft and killed it before it was out all would have been well for some abortion activists.

Im not saying all abortion supporters "support" post birth killing. But some wont stand against it either.

[video=youtube_share;QkSaypnvvqY]http://youtu.be/QkSaypnvvqY[/video]

So the same "baby" separated by say two days time could be a fetus of no human value or a baby it would be murder to kill.

um, but I suspect that doesn't typically happen. Any idea on how often that might happen? I honestly don't know but I suspect it's very rare. If you have any stats on it, I'd be interested in seeing them, tho it wouldn't change my position on abortion as a necessary option in women's reproductive health. Horrible but rare things happen in any medical procedure, that's part of life. Medicine is not perfect, sometimes procedures go sideways. I believe that the vast vast majority of abortions are done much earlier in the pregnancy, before the fetus would be viable. Be that as it may, it's a legitimate topic for discussion, but not the same thing here.

You are making a comparison between a legal abortion, and what this particular doctor did. They are not the same thing. You are attempting to make a comparison between the intention of a legal and careful abortion, and the deliberate killing of live-born babies. You are attempting to equate a legal and careful abortion, with what this particular monster did. Definitely not the same thing.

As far as the video goes, I don't know who this woman is or in what capacity she represents Planned Parenthood. That discussion, as it unfolds in the video, is far from laying out a clear position. It looked to me like a mostly un-resolved discussion.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since when is an abortion doctor NOT a serial killer?

(And to the person(s) who comments against my statement, please punch yourself real hard in the nuts for me since you're out of reach ~ thank you :D )

Well, youre a murderer as well. Have you ever stepped on an ant? It wont be going home to its family, at the end of the day. :)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, youre a murderer as well. Have you ever stepped on an ant? It wont be going home to its family, at the end of the day. :)

Equating human life with that of an ant isn't too far over the horizon I guess....

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
um, but I suspect that doesn't typically happen. Any idea on how often that might happen? I honestly don't know but I suspect it's very rare. If you have any stats on it, I'd be interested in seeing them, tho it wouldn't change my position on abortion as a necessary option in women's reproductive health. Horrible but rare things happen in any medical procedure, that's part of life. Medicine is not perfect, sometimes procedures go sideways. I believe that the vast vast majority of abortions are done much earlier in the pregnancy, before the fetus would be viable. Be that as it may, it's a legitimate topic for discussion, but not the same thing here.

You are making a comparison between a legal abortion, and what this particular doctor did. They are not the same thing. You are attempting to make a comparison between the intention of a legal and careful abortion, and the deliberate killing of live-born babies. You are attempting to equate a legal and careful abortion, with what this particular monster did. Definitely not the same thing.

As far as the video goes, I don't know who this woman is or in what capacity she represents Planned Parenthood. That discussion, as it unfolds in the video, is far from laying out a clear position. It looked to me like a mostly un-resolved discussion.

As long as it's "legal and careful" it's Ok. As long as you don't wait too long and it gets out.....there are many late term abortion supporters. The philosophy is "its not a baby till its out". Whats the big deal over a couple of minutes?

It's an unresolved discussion because if she admits that a baby who survives an abortion attempt is now a life worth saving her entire schema starts to unravel.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, here is Kirsten Powers, a liberal commentator on the shame of the democrat media not covering the story...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/04/10/philadelphia-abortion-clinic-horror-column/2072577/

Let me state the obvious. This should be front page news. When Rush Limbaugh attacked Sandra Fluke, there was non-stop media hysteria. The venerable NBC Nightly News' Brian Williams intoned, "A firestorm of outrage from women after a crude tirade from Rush Limbaugh," as he teased a segment on the brouhaha. Yet, accusations of babies having their heads severed — a major human rights story if there ever was one — doesn't make the cut.
You don't have to oppose abortion rights to find late-term abortion abhorrent or to find the Gosnell trial eminently newsworthy. This is not about being "pro-choice" or "pro-life." It's about basic human rights.
The deafening silence of too much of the media, once a force for justice in America, is a disgrace.

Latest Discussions