self therapy

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Some of mr Phelps family members came to see me Saterday. One of then said that Mark is probably in heavin laughing at all of us fools still stuck here on earth. I keep thinking about what he said,and I know feel somewhat foolish for letting it upset me.

Gary,

Being upset over it was simply your way of working through it... nothing to feel foolish about, Bro...

Glad they stopped in to see you... although I'm sure it was somewhat emotional... I'm sure it also gave EVERYONE some closure...

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gary,

Being upset over it was simply your way of working through it... nothing to feel foolish about, Bro...

Glad they stopped in to see you... although I'm sure it was somewhat emotional... I'm sure it also gave EVERYONE some closure...

Can't really add to that. You do whatever you need to do to feel comfortable with yourself - that's all that matters.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello all, I am taking the time to post this first, to help myself get past this,second to help anyone who might have had a simular experience. This last Friday(Feb 23,2007), I was at work, selling cars at a Toyota store here in East Tennessee. I had been working on selling a used p/u to this guy who was 49 yrs old,sorta bikerish looking fellow that had been through some major back surgery and was obviously in a lot of pain. After all the financing was worked out and he was about to get in his new truck and leave with it, he suddenly collasped and was violently convulsing. I tried to get his attention, but his eyes were in a fixed position and his jaw locked closed. His pulse was weak and irratic. I imeadiatly started chest compressions and mouth to mouth when his jaw relaxed a minute or so later. He did start to gaspe for air for a brief moment but stopped brething completely. I kept up the CPR until the ambulance finally got there. He was D.O.A. at the hospital. I know I did my best to save him,but it's still hard to deal with days later, I can't seem to get it out of my mind. Lots of people have tried to console me saying that most people wouldn't have tried to save him, but I don't believe that. I don't think I did anymore that anyone else who just happenned to be there at that moment.

Gary, you did your best to save him. You did what a real martial arts master would do. You tried to help him...if you let him just lie there, you would have hurt him. You said it yourself...you did your best to save him. That's all that you can do. Don't feel bad...you did the right thing and that's all that matters.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Again, Thank you and God bless all of you here at MT for comming to my aide. Some of mr Phelps family members came to see me Saterday. One of then said that Mark is probably in heavin laughing at all of us fools still stuck here on earth. I keep thinking about what he said,and I know feel somewhat foolish for letting it upset me.

Gary, it's time for me to thank YOU. That statement makes me feel better about the guy I tried to help last year.