Toyota probes Corolla steering, considers recall

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Per: http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...ota-probes-corolla-steering-considers-recall/

Toyota probes Corolla steering, considers recall

By YURI KAGEYAMA, AP Business Writer

TOKYO – Toyota is considering a recall of its hot-selling Corolla subcompact after complaints about power steering problems — another blow to the world's largest automaker already reeling from a string of recalls for safety troubles.

Now that more people know to complain and where to complain more complaints are being filed.

Despite pressure from some lawmakers, President Akio Toyoda said he won't be attending the U.S. congressional hearing on the automaker's quality lapses, entrusting the job to U.S.-based executives — though would consider an appearance if the committee requests it. He said he wanted to focus on improving quality worldwide.

I can see where Akio Toyoda, is a busy man and has things to do, but is he not responsible for his company? Could not the local regions who are supposed to be experts in the local safety and regulatory requirements know how to work with the Quality organization and the product engineering?

If he is in charge should he not jsut hold someone responsible to accomplish a task and then if they do not remove them and get someone else to do so?

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Corolla. I haven't had a problem with it at all but not sure what to make of all of this!! I am of course going to have the repairs done asap. Given the issues, yes, I think the boss should be there at the hearing

Latest Discussions