Sacred White Buffalo killed and skinned.....

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it was actually owned by someone which it looks like it was then yes its illegal. if it was wild and you had proper hunting permits and if your allowed to hunt that type of animal then it would not be illegal to kill an animal just because of a birth defect. It looks like Buffalo hunting is legal in Texas so it would come down to ownership of the animal.

Are anyone other than Lakota allowed to hunt on Lakota land? Was the animal ON Lakota land?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are anyone other than Lakota allowed to hunt on Lakota land? Was the animal ON Lakota land?

As I understand it it was on a privately owned ranch or farm. really does not matter who owns it, it was not on the open range.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I find more worrying than targeted attacks or conspiracies is that more and more commonly these days such outrages are greeted with a shrug of the shoulders and 'whatever'. It's not even a lack of respect, it's the lack of knowing that some things such as people's property, beliefs etc should be respected. it's a general ennui that is taking over. If you point out that dropping litter in the street is wrong ( illegal here too) you will be looked at in amazement, it's not just 'young' people either. One of my pet hates is able bodied people who park their cars in disabled people places, remonstrate with them and they want to know what it has to do with you. Tell people that a sacred object like the buffalo has been destroyed and you will get a blank look..ie 'what's it got to do with me?' they ask. A complete lack of interest in anything is getting to be and more the norm now.
"What it got to do with me?'' well quite a lot actually, the White Buffalo isn't from my religion but if people don't respect that are they going to respect items or beliefs from my religion? Are they going to respect anything at all about others beliefs? At what point will they realise than this attitude leads to those who really do want to 'take over the world' being able to, just by the sheer lack of interest and effort of people to actually take some responsibility for themselves and for their society?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The people who do not care deserve to have the thinking done for them.

Too bad it will suck for the rest of us.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly I think they need to be taught how to think and care, too much parenting is now 'whatever'. This goes back a couple of generations now, it will continue and as Granfire says, it will suck for us.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Given how rare a white buffalo apparently is, how valuable would its hide be to relevant markets? I'm guessing that whoever killed and skinned the beasts was probably motivated by pure greed.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given how rare a white buffalo apparently is, how valuable would its hide be to relevant markets? I'm guessing that whoever killed and skinned the beasts was probably motivated by pure greed.

More than likely, another symptom of society, the 'greed is good' thought.

aedrasteia

Purple Belt
Reaction score
someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

the hungry ghost; someone who has cursed his own soul.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I have not followed up on it, but I read that at least one ranch offered 'white buffalo hunts'

However, it seemed that those animals where not naturally occurring, but engineered by man.
That would take the value of the white hide away to an extend.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Seen here :

There's just not much hope for any of us, I'm afraid......[/COLOR][/LEFT]

As long as there are those of us who will face these monsters, there will always be hope.

Latest Discussions