Russia Vows Preemptive strikes "Anywhere in the World"

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From a recent article regarding Russia's Response to terrorist attacks in their country:

Yuri Baluyevsky said:
''As for carrying out preventive strikes against terrorist bases . . . we will take all measures to liquidate terrorist bases in any region of the world," he told reporters.

I pulled the story from HERE after reading his statements in my Local paper today...

Thoughts?

M

MisterMike

It kinda sounds like they are following suit with respect to what we are doing. Guess they finally got pissed off enough.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Would kind of scare me if I were living in Idaho. As if ATF is not enough to worry about :uhyeah:

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
From a recent article regarding Russia's Response to terrorist attacks in their country:

I pulled the story from HERE after reading his statements in my Local paper today...

Thoughts?
I don't blame them for wanting Preemptive Strikes against terrorists. Once a country gets attacked there wyes begin to open. I'm sure now Russia would of supported the war in Iraq if the war started now.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kane said:
I don't blame them for wanting Preemptive Strikes against terrorists. Once a country gets attacked there wyes begin to open. I'm sure now Russia would of supported the war in Iraq if the war started now.
That's and odd thing to be 'sure' of. How did you secure this direct line of communication to Moscow? Again, we need to point out that Iraq was not actively participating in any global terrorist activities in 2002 & January & February of 2003. (yes, I know about the payments to the palestinians).

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Won't it be interesting if our terrorists are their freedom fighters, and vise versa?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
it's scary to say...but america has set a dangerious and foolish precedent when it comes to pre-emptive strikes...as the public has found out since, strikes based on no solid information at all...sometimes it feels like the the tension of global relations are wound up so tight things are about to snap...everybody's ready to attack each other...Bush has said we'll fight the terrorists wherever they are...and we'll fight you even if it turns out you're not terrorists...now russia has intentions of pre-emptive strikes...North Korea and it's nuclear buildup...not to mention the constant tension in the middle east...

this reminds of a song from the band Tool

"Some say the end is near, some say we'll see armageddon soon...I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this bull***...."

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
bignick said:
it's scary to say...but america has set a dangerious and foolish precedent when it comes to pre-emptive strikes...as the public has found out since, strikes based on no solid information at all...sometimes it feels like the the tension of global relations are wound up so tight things are about to snap...everybody's ready to attack each other...Bush has said we'll fight the terrorists wherever they are...and we'll fight you even if it turns out you're not terrorists...now russia has intentions of pre-emptive strikes...North Korea and it's nuclear buildup...not to mention the constant tension in the middle east...

this reminds of a song from the band Tool

"Some say the end is near, some say we'll see armageddon soon...I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this bull***...."

"Iraq is act 2 in a 5 act play called WW4. I expect it to last as long as the Cold War," Norman Podhoretz.

Conspiracy theorists across the globe just died and went to heaven.... :supcool:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
"Iraq is act 2 in a 5 act play called WW4. I expect it to last as long as the Cold War," Norman Podhoretz.

Conspiracy theorists across the globe just died and went to heaven.... :supcool:

First, What Happened to World War Three?

Second, What was Act one? Operation Dessert Shield and Storm?

Third, What are the other three acts?

As to the original thread point, Russia as a sovereign nation has the right to defend itself. Just like the USA does. In the past this meant when people came to you, you could defend and if necessary counter attack. In most of history this meant your neighbor by immediate land or with in reason of small amount of sea travel. I know the Vikings, went a lot of places, to attack, yet not many went after them, until they had a strong land and or sea base. Now in the 20th century the world fought "The Great War" or "the War to end all Wars" which set the stage for "the Second Great War" or WWII. Now with mobility and technology it does not take months to move troops around the world, and weapons to make attacks or counter attacks. This is what makes Terrorism the modern warfare of choice by non first world nations, and or groups. They can work in cells and infiltrate and do damage without fear of having counter attacks. Only themselves are at risk. The USA, and now Russia seem to think that it is best to let people know that if you do not wish to play well with others, then we will come and knock your house down. OPPPPS!, you did not really help those bad guys who attacked us, oh well, you did not help us find them either. You did no step up and make your best effort to show us that you were on our side. For this is how it is right now. Just look at our politics. If you are not this small little in the box definition, then you must be one of them. So, yes the USA and its' government are at fault, yet, it is the American people who are at fault. We have not risen up to force re-calls, or to make our views heard to let the government know what we want. Unless of course we have told them because the government is doing what we want, in which case then not only is it our fault, we have no leg to stand on and point at others.

As to Russia and another big / world war, it is possible we might meet then in battle, yet, they have their own problems and want to be left alone on the most part. The USA wants to be left alone in our apathy, just as long as the oil keeps flowing and people can go to work we are happy on the whole. Yet, the extremists that wish our demise see our culture through the Religous fundamentalists point of view. Our religious fundamentalists point of view, where people claim their religion is bad and their culture is bad. We tempt their young with bright lights and money and sex. They wish for us to not to export our culture to them and enforce our way of life on them. So, once again, the American people all think their way is the best, and do not understand why everyone does not follow it. Yet, when we meet similar mentality in response we are surprised.

Tolerance is what is needed, from everyone. If not then you will have empires, that will rise and some will be becuase of world domination designs, (* Sorry Brain you were not the first *), others will fall into it, as the USA has. And as long as people think they are threatened or their way of life is threatened, they will fight to defend themselves and their way of life.

More later, as I got to get back to work.
** Steps off of soapbox **

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Russia as a sovereign nation has the right to defend itself. Just like the USA does."

That is the problem. Its all good when we're on the same page, but is going to suck royally when we aren't. Case in point, the folks the Russians are dealing with are doing the diplomatic tango with Washington. Russias point on comparing them to Osamas gang is very valid.

If one defines terroristic actions as "use of violence against civilian populations to further political agendas", there are a few US allies that fit that definition perfectly.

It's gonna be messy, either way.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
"Russia as a sovereign nation has the right to defend itself. Just like the USA does."

That is the problem. Its all good when we're on the same page, but is going to suck royally when we aren't. Case in point, the folks the Russians are dealing with are doing the diplomatic tango with Washington. Russias point on comparing them to Osamas gang is very valid.

If one defines terroristic actions as "use of violence against civilian populations to further political agendas", there are a few US allies that fit that definition perfectly.

It's gonna be messy, either way.

I agree messy, yet part of my point was, that the people need to do something about it, or accept the results.

:asian:

N

nlmantis

Here's a thought. If the UN doesn't agree with Russia committing genocide in Chechnya and Ingushetia, why not have a bunch of Chechnyan and Ingushetian (and 10 Arab) terrorists commit unspeakable crimes against harmless Ossetian civilians? Carte Blanche for Russia.. it worked well for Caesar and Hitler (among others). Call it a pre-emptive war on terrorism, sounds better than genocide anyday. Of course this is merely a thought, one can only guess since our networks like "the most trusted name in news" are not really objective.

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think that Russia is simply playing the game according to the game book provided to them by those power broker financiers standing hidden in the shadows. There are a lot of things happening in the world right now, that seem to be coming together for a purpose. Russia is probably been given teh go-ahead and is right on queue.

One of those purposes I allude to above, I think, is a religious war.

WHY? well...the "War on Terrorism" is a nice euphamism(sp?)... you cannot be at war with "terrorism", as terrorism is a none entity...

While "War on Terror" sound really nice and politically correct, I believe it is just that, political correctness...

Why dont they have the guts to call it what it really is...

A "War Against Islam"... it is muslims following islam that are chopping off heads, and otherwise threatening the coming and goings of innocent people in their daily lives... look around you, it is muslims world wide doing these horrible acts ... all in the name of their moon god.

Russia is just another cog in the wheel to push us in that global move towards global governance, under a single body (UN perhaps? or some other union?)and this "war on terror", is just another tool to move us all towards that goal.

(whoops.... bet I'm gonna be lambasted and labelled now as a "conspiricy theorist for simply watching world events and drawing a conclusion).

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
parmandjack said:

A "War Against Islam"... it is muslims following islam that are chopping off heads, and otherwise threatening the coming and goings of innocent people in their daily lives... look around you, it is muslims world wide doing these horrible acts ... all in the name of their moon god.
I'm not even going to touch the deeper insults in your post...but this is not a war against Islam...it is a war against radicals that hate america for one reason or another, most who happen to be Islamic, why? Because they were born into a predominantly Islamic area...I know and am friends with many Muslims, I feel know compunctions to watch my back when they and their "moon god" are around...I can't remember the source(edit - http://www.nplusonemag.com/index_3.html), but I'll look for it, I believe the number of Al-qaeda operatives is only around 500...so much for Muslims worldwide, huh?

parmandjack said:
(whoops.... bet I'm gonna be lambasted and labelled now as a "conspiricy theorist for simply watching world events and drawing a conclusion).
when you make a post like this you better duck and cover

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score

This stuff isnt new to Russia. The whole school/children aspect just threw it to a whole new level. Im waiting to see what their next step is.

parmandjack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
I'm not even going to touch the deeper insults in your post...
hmmm... I re-read my post bignick... and I don't think I implied "any" deeper insults.... what I "did" do was explicitly state a fact.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
parmandjack said:
I think that Russia is simply playing the game according to the game book provided to them by those power broker financiers standing hidden in the shadows. There are a lot of things happening in the world right now, that seem to be coming together for a purpose. Russia is probably been given teh go-ahead and is right on queue.

One of those purposes I allude to above, I think, is a religious war.

WHY? well...the "War on Terrorism" is a nice euphamism(sp?)... you cannot be at war with "terrorism", as terrorism is a none entity...

While "War on Terror" sound really nice and politically correct, I believe it is just that, political correctness...

Russia is just another cog in the wheel to push us in that global move towards global governance, under a single body (UN perhaps? or some other union?)and this "war on terror", is just another tool to move us all towards that goal.

Not to incite, but..."Iraq is act 2 in a 5 act play called WW4. I expect it to last as long as the cold war."

Norman Podhoretz

Russia is attempted desperately to tie the chechneans to the "war on terror." They see this plan to reform Islam by force and hope to get America on board with reforming Chechnea. At the very least I smell lucrative weapons deals...

Latest Discussions