Recommended Taekwondo magacines and postcasts?

Faith

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As the title says, does anyone recommand any magacines (ebook or paperform) for taekwondo? And podcasts?
I'm already subscribing to "Totally taekwondo", but the tkd-nerd in me needs more! :D

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Home - TaeKwonDo Times Been reading it for 35+ years.

Taekwondo Magazine has a podcast but it doesn't always work.

The Taekwondo Podcast is okay. Has a very modern approach and a lot of crossover workout stuff. Great WT sparring drills.

Tae Kwon Do by Richard Chun is a classic.
Complete Taekwondo Poomsae by Kyu Hyung Lee & Sang H. Kim is very good as a reference.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A Killing Art by Alex Gillis is a look at the beginning days of TKD. Read it with healthy scepticism, but it is an enjoyable expose about the seedy part of TKD history.

Depending on the type of TKD you do, your style's manuals should be mandatory to study. They can give you a wealth of information on terminology and how your technique should be performed. Use in conjunction with your instructor's guidance.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
A Killing Art by Alex Gillis is a look at the beginning days of TKD. Read it with healthy scepticism, but it is an enjoyable expose about the seedy part of TKD history.

I definitely agree with the scepticism needed, the seedy part I don't see as that seedy. I think he over-sensationalised it and wasn't really just seeing it as the prevailing culture at the time in Korea. Looking back with modern glasses, at a (for most people) difference culture and it will look seedy/distasteful - but I think think it would have been seen that way by an independent observer present at that time in that place.

InfiniteLoop

Black Belt
Reaction score
I definitely agree with the scepticism needed, the seedy part I don't see as that seedy. I think he over-sensationalised it and wasn't really just seeing it as the prevailing culture at the time in Korea. Looking back with modern glasses, at a (for most people) difference culture and it will look seedy/distasteful - but I think think it would have been seen that way by an independent observer present at that time in that place.

Olympic TaeKwonDo was so corrupt that they had to insert electronic scoring.....

OP
Faith

Faith

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I got that book and I really enjoyed reading it. :D

Latest Discussions