Rebreakable boards - padded or not?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have just started up a demo team at my Taekwondo school, and I want to get some rebreakable boards for my team to practice with. For my own personal use I have the teeth-style boards (as opposed to the sliding groove boards), and I prefer that style to the slide-and-groove.

However, the padded boards look like they would not only be more comfortable to practice with, but also would better mimic a real board from the perspective of the holder.

The purpose of the boards is to help practice more acrobatic board breaking with lighter boards, for advanced students age 8-13. What boards would you recommend I use for this?

mber

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
From personal experience, teeth-style hard plastic boards work just fine to prepare for both holding and breaking -- I never found that anyone had much trouble adjusting, and the slide-groove style of board tends to wear out quickly, I've seen.

You might moderate the hardness of the board depending on the age of your students, but if they're supposed to be fairly advanced, I wouldn't go too easy :)

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For acrobatic breaking boards are not needed until the kick is precise. Try using swimming floats, or cut some jigsaw mat so the jigsaw line is in the middle of the square.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions