Really bad photo's...

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK I have tonnes of work to do, and a friend just sent me this link. http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/ So what do I do? I waste 30 minutes going through it, till I force myself away...

What the hell are folks thinking when they pose for these shots??

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I will never garden again.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aww, I thought the Liederhosen pic was pretty cool. Then again, it wasn't me in the picture... :lol2:

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aww, I thought the Liederhosen pic was pretty cool. Then again, it wasn't me in the picture... :lol2:

Carol I would pay good $$ to see you in Liederhosen!! :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What can I say? I'm a sucker for a brainy guy. ;)

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing to add, just wanted to point out my lastest internet pet peeve, the ill-used apostrophe.

An apostrophe marks a possessive noun, so unless a photo can own something, you can't say photo's, rather you should just pluralise and write "photos."

I see it all over now. Weird.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing to add, just wanted to point out my lastest internet pet peeve, the ill-used apostrophe.

An apostrophe marks a possessive noun, so unless a photo can own something, you can't say photo's, rather you should just pluralise and write "photos."

I see it all over now. Weird.

Thanks, man. I always want to correct punctuation, grammar and spelling, but I lose friends that way.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't feel any way about them, it's just the right way to use them, one should not feel any way about tools really.

You use commas before a coordinator if you are linking separate clauses within the same sentence.

"That guy can be pretty relaxed, but knows when to be serious."

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I stayed up way too late looking through those awkward photos. I'm sure I could add a few pictures from my past. :eek: :)

Thanks

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Two things. First, this was among the funniest blogs I've read in a long time. My stomach hurt I laughed so hard. So, thanks for sharing the link.

Second, one of the universal laws of the internet is that any time someone gets anal about punctuation, they inevitably have some kind of error in their own post.

Here's another one from a topic posted today "Competition Do's and Don'ts"

Unless there's a person named "Do" then it's wrong.

I can find at least four errors in this short, two sentence post. The point being, this is informal communication. While grammar and diction are important, let's keep things in perspective. I am functionally a paid writer, but I make mistakes when I post and don't always proofread my stuff. Things happen.

I mean, if the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it? It's an easy question. Just say, "Yes," and we'll move on.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I get paid to do it so I do not mind.
Martial Talk pays you to correct grammar? Dang... then Bob H. owes me a ton of money... I do a lot of corrections when I quote someone.

BOB!! Where's my check!!

(right... it's in the mail) :lol:

Good site.

Latest Discussions