Ready for Zombies (check!) but are we ...

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
... ready for werewolves?

I'm semi-prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse (figure I have at least what it will take to get me to Bigger Better Weapons once it starts, anyway ...)

Vamps? Pft. Break up a few kitchen chairs to craft stakes with and I'm ready to go all Buffy on them (no offense to any MT-member vamps ... you seem fairly civilized ;))

But while watching Wolfman last night (good flick!) realized I am WOEFULLY unprepared for a LYCANTHROPE Apocalypse!

I mean, even if I HAD the equipment to cast bullets (which I don't!), I don't have any SILVER silverware to melt down! Nor do I have a good idea of where a cache of silver could be found.

And Walmart has a big enough problem keeping regular ammo in stock — forget waiting for them to put any Lone Ranger Specials on the shelf.

Heck, I'd even be willing to pay local gunshop prices but it turns out even THEY don't stock 'em!

We have a problem here, folks. You know how fast lycanthropy can spread? Especially in a society that doesn't believe it exists!

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Go to any antique shop and you can find sterling silver flatwear. Melt this down, the silver will melt before the steel will. Smelt out the silver and cast bullets. You will need to get molds from a shop that carries reloading equipment as well as a ceramic crucible for smelting, weight scalles, jackets, primers, and all the other fun toys for reloading. Good luck getting the load right for the weight and shape of the silver bullet without cracking your rifle barrel. Idealy you have a millitary model that will take a pounding around, not something finnicky and expensive. An SKS would be ideal to kill vervolves. Or maybe just scratch them behind the ears, they like that. :)
lori

Latest Discussions