Reaching Black Belt status

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was december 1987 I practiced for about 4 years and a half, I was in college and was 20 years old, my mom and girlfriend were in the gym (where the bb examination took place) we were about 30-40 red belts from many parts of my state, some were friends some were unknown people to me. I remeber I did my best and when the black belt was tied by my sambonim/sensei I was the happiest man in the world.

As somebody said here in other post reaching black belt status is something you never forget.

Now I will have second dan test on july and I am a little anxius (like in the past) and afther that my sight is on my next kenpo examination (purple belt). MA are something I really enjoy.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea Manny everyone should remember there first BB test, mine was a long time ago but it is still one of the proudest days of my life, next to my marraige and my childern.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, the black belt test is, IMO, by far, not only one of the most physically demanding tests, but also the most memorable. Of course, I like to also look at it, as one journey coming to an end, and another one about to begin. :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That latter point is one that ever resonates with me very strongly. Far too many see Black Belt as the end of the road rather than the real start of development.

It is indeed something to be proud of and treasured to be seen, in the eyes of those that have the ability to judge, as someone who is no longer a beginner and who has proven that they know how to learn.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yea Manny everyone should remember there first BB test, mine was a long time ago but it is still one of the proudest days of my life, next to my marraige and my childern.

Yes Terry, reciving my bb was one of the best moments of my life and like you wrote seen my two daughters born was the very best moment of my life.

Manny

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Best of luck, Manny...

I look forward to hearing of your future progress. Please keep up the good work!

Thank you,
Milt G.

Latest Discussions