Question

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Christina05 said:
Does anyone have any tips on doing a double knife edge kick?

Double as in, one kick and then another kick or two simultaneous kicks?

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
If you have to do it, both need to be knee height or less. Otherwise you better prepare for ankle probs :p

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This sounds more like a question for the Tae Kwon Do people. I think you'll find more of them doing this kind of kick, than the kenpo people...

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
This sounds more like a question for the Tae Kwon Do people. I think you'll find more of them doing this kind of kick, than the kenpo people...
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. He's in the wrong section.

OP
C

Christina05

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I figured that it was more of tkd move but its in our kenpo curriculum at the school I attend so figured I ask here first. Thanks for all your help.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Christina05 said:
Thanks guys. I figured that it was more of tkd move but its in our kenpo curriculum at the school I attend so figured I ask here first. Thanks for all your help.

Well, things get incorporated for various reasons, not saying a kenpo person would NEVER do it, just that you are more likely to get the kind of information you are looking for from the TKD people. This type of thing is more up their alley. A kenpo person who simply enjoys training the more difficult and flashy kicks certainly might do this, but the kenpo with roots in Hawaii and Mr. William Chow generally doesn't push this kind of thing.

Do you mind giving us some info about the specific kind of kenpo you practice? it might give us some insights...

OP
C

Christina05

Green Belt
Reaction score
I study chinese Kenpo. And I completely under stand where you are coming from when you say its more of a tkd kick. I study under sifu bernsten in phoenix.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Christina05 said:
I study chinese Kenpo. And I completely under stand where you are coming from when you say its more of a tkd kick. I study under sifu bernsten in phoenix.

I hear the term "Chinese Kenpo" from time to time, but I am never quite sure I understand just what that is. Could you give a bit of history and lineage? Does this trace back to Hawaii and William Chow, or is it something different altogether?

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I answered this question over on KenpoTalk. Not nearly as succinctly as Doc, however. In the words of another poster ...

IPPON!!!!!!

Dan

Latest Discussions