Question regarding IWCA

kez56

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am based in Sydney and am looking at commencing Wing Chun with the IWCA which was established by the late Jim Fung. Although I have a background in martial arts (karate for 3 years) and have read much about WC and have come to the conclusion that there appears to be a lot of issues regarding lineage, etc that causes some grief amongst practitioners.

What I am after is feedback from other forum members who have had experience with the IWCA. Good or bad, it doesn't matter. I am just after some honest feedback.

Cheers.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to be an instructor there many moons ago , in my opinion it is one of the best Wing Chun schools in the world.
Do a bit of cross training in a ground fighting system as well and you will be all set.

OP
K

kez56

White Belt
Reaction score
I used to be an instructor there many moons ago , in my opinion it is one of the best Wing Chun schools in the world.
Do a bit of cross training in a ground fighting system as well and you will be all set.

Funny you mention ground finding as I am looking to incorporate BJJ into my training. May I ask why you left?

Also, I am based out in Penrith. Did you have much to do with or do you know anything about the Penrith branch?

Thanks again.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Funny you mention ground finding as I am looking to incorporate BJJ into my training. May I ask why you left?

Also, I am based out in Penrith. Did you have much to do with or do you know anything about the Penrith branch?

Thanks again.

Lets just say there was a difference in opinion on the need for ground fighting skills and there was a parting of the ways at that point.

Penrith branch was not around then , but I believe the branches would all be around pretty much the same standard.

The branch leaders all have to attend instructor training a few times a week in the city headquarters to maintain the standard , or so it was when I was there.

Tsui Seung Tin lineage is based on power generation and is very direct , from what I have seen of some other lineages they do not appear to be as direct in my opinion and seem to play around with the attackers arms too much before doing any actual hitting.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions