Question about mantis-fist

P

Praying-Mantis

Hello people, especially 7starmantis,

I got a question about the "mantis-fist".

Untill now I have just learned the "mantis-hook"
(I suppose you know what I mean). However, I often read about the mantis-fist, which i supposed to be a way of holding your hand in order to concentrate all the strike force through a single finger. I have never seen such a thing anywhere, my teacher never told me about such a fist, and I have never seen him practicing it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows something about this?

praying-mantis

I've never actually heard it called "mantis-fist" but my sigung practiced a single finger strike. He showed us a video of him using it to punch through a stop sign. Pretty impressive if you ask me, this was years back however when he lived at the Wah-Lum Temple in Florida.

7sm

I'd like to see that video. Being able to punch through a stop sing with one finger sounds ccool

Never have I heard of this, you can condition your fingers, but there is no mantis fist in 7 * PM.

Skard1

Southern style mantis uses an index knuckle punch (called a phoenix-eye fist in other styles). Perhaps that is what you saw referenced.

Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh
Southern style mantis uses an index knuckle punch (called a phoenix-eye fist in other styles). Perhaps that is what you saw referenced.

Good point, I just assumed he ment and end of the finger strike, but this could very well be what he ment.

7sm

Hello People,

Thank You for the answers.

I ment a strike with the end of the finger, by the way.

Latest Discussions

Back