White Belt
Reaction score
what style of eskrima does punio sumbrada come from

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
what style of eskrima does punio sumbrada come from

Snake,

I was introduced to poinio Sumbrada by my first FMa Instructor who was apprenticing under Guro Danny Inosanto. Now with Guro Dan drawing on many different sources for information it is hard to say for sure where this drill comes from but it's a pretty good guess to say it is part of Lamenco Escrima (which was the core of a lot of Guro Dan's drills).

Regards,

Rob

OP
S

snake

White Belt
Reaction score
angel cabalas did punio sumbrada also.i wonder if it came from him.dan insanto trainned with angel.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was introduced to poinio Sumbrada by my first FMa Instructor who was apprenticing under Guro Danny Inosanto.

I've seen Mr. Inosanto do it at a seminar and also seen an Eskrido (Doce Pares) instructor do it. It's not too uncommon, though we don't have it in Modern Arnis.

Phadrus00

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've seen Mr. Inosanto do it at a seminar and also seen an Eskrido (Doce Pares) instructor do it. It's not too uncommon, though we don't have it in Modern Arnis.

Arnisador,

Interesting! I have not seen it in the Doce Pares Curriculum before and definately not in the Modern Arnis or Kombatan Curriculum either. I have been sharing it with the Kombatan folks I train with and they really like it.

Rob

Latest Discussions