Promoted to Blue Belt!

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am very happy to say I have been promoted to blue belt after around 2-2.5 years of hard work. I was promoted the monday of last week on the 6th and I was not expecting it at all. My coach started giving a speech about belt promotions at the end of class and I was ready to be overlooked again as I thought he had forgotten about me completely. But when I heard my name, as much as I tried to play it cool, I couldn’t contain my enthusiasm. He said that sometimes he knows someone is ready for a promotion when they compete a lot and win many competitions, other times because a hobbyist has upgraded his level of understanding technique wise, and in this case, “I looked around the room, saw him and thought to myself ‘How the f*** is this guy not a blue belt?’”

Thank you to all of you for your help on this journey. I look forward to being a part of this forum in the years to come.

Attachments

• IMG_3227.jpeg
    IMG_3227.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am very happy to say I have been promoted to blue belt after around 2-2.5 years of hard work. I was promoted the monday of last week on the 6th and I was not expecting it at all. My coach started giving a speech about belt promotions at the end of class and I was ready to be overlooked again as I thought he had forgotten about me completely. But when I heard my name, as much as I tried to play it cool, I couldn’t contain my enthusiasm. He said that sometimes he knows someone is ready for a promotion when they compete a lot and win many competitions, other times because a hobbyist has upgraded his level of understanding technique wise, and in this case, “I looked around the room, saw him and thought to myself ‘How the f*** is this guy not a blue belt?’”

Thank you to all of you for your help on this journey. I look forward to being a part of this forum in the years to come.
Well done. You have officially beaten jujitsu and can now leave forever.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahhh brother huge congratulations!! That's amazing, huge praise from your instructor. You really deserve it and am so proud of ya, you should be too 🙏🏻

Latest Discussions