Pressure Points

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our company hires a Massage Thearapist to come in once a month and give us all massages. She always seems to hit this point in my neck near my skull that causes a BURST of pain, followed by a nice, relaxing feeling... This got me thinking about pressure points and such, and made me wonder...

Do any of you train with any kind of "nice" pressure point training in addition to learning to cause pain? I know there is accupressure training in that sort of thing... anyone do it?

Ive decided to sign up for the weekend massage class at the local college... but thats not exactly the same...

J

Joe

I train in Kosho we to meridians in hand up to arm behind back head but you have to be quick and precise or just doesnt work, but can be used as a healing arts as well.

K

KanoLives

Originally posted by Technopunk
Our company hires a Massage Thearapist to come in once a month and give us all massages.

What company is this? Wish the ones I worked for did that.

C

clapping_tiger

Technopunk, I see you live in the Chicago area. You are not far from a decent school of massage therapy. My wife went to school there and I found out that they have seminars that are open to the public, I was going to take one on Chinese medicine. I did see that they had an acupressure seminar. They usually are a Friday, Saturday, Sunday deal and cost between $200-$400. They have schools in Grafton (just north of Milwaukee), Madison, and Green Bay. Below you will find the web address, I looked for some seminars but I don't think they are listed. If you are interested it wouldn't hurt to send them an email.

http://www.blueskyedu.org/program.html

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Clapping Tiger,

Thats awesome... Thanks!

T

twinkletoes

When I studied pressure points privately, the instructor insisted that all of us learn to use them for both healing and combat. This was pretty funny, especially watching me and my martial artist buddy whack 'em good, but suck at the massage portion. The other student was a physical therapist who was great at restoration, but really couldn't bring himself to thwack anybody.

~TT

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I hate to even bring this up due to the contraversy of the death touch.

Besides the "death tuoch" Dim Mak is a real form of pressure points training for healing puposes and self defence.

I have had some training in this martial science and can tell you that the stuff that was taught to me works and is very affective for pain compliance.

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying that there is no such thing as the death touch but I have a tuff time beleiving somthing works if you cant prove it, and I am not ready to die just yet so I will not be the ginnie pig. LOL
:rofl:

Do a search on your computor there is a active master of Dim Mak in Australia. I think its golden lion dojo?
:asian:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DAC..florida

Besides the "death tuoch" Dim Mak is a real form of pressure points training for healing puposes and self defence.

Dim Mak is a lot more than just "death touch", but unfortunately my grasp of the chinese language is even more basic than my grasp of the japanese language, and I gotta tell ya, my japanese sucks!

I have had some training in this martial science and can tell you that the stuff that was taught to me works and is very affective for pain compliance.

If you are only using it for pain compliance, then you are missing out on a heap of good stuff, effective, simple and humane self defense. If you are relying on pain to make your techs work, then you are pretty well doomed to fail, that's the beauty of pressure points in a fight situation. The guys mind is telling him there's nothing wrong, but his body won't do as he wants, and then he falls down.

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying that there is no such thing as the death touch but I have a tuff time beleiving somthing works if you cant prove it, and I am not ready to die just yet so I will not be the ginnie pig. LOL
:rofl:

If you want a real giggle about this, get a hold of an Earl Montague video. Now I'm not saying he doesn't know his stuff, cause it is possible he has a great deal of knowledge, but his methods can be quite funny. You will see him point to certain points and tell viewers never ever to hit this point because it is dangerous and will cause certain death/ stroke/ heart attack etc. Then he calls his student in, (sometimes it is his own son), and proceeds to belt the living crap out of those very same points, that he just warned us about.:D

Do a search on your computor there is a active master of Dim Mak in Australia. I think its golden lion dojo?

Yes Golden Lion advertise Dim Mak teachings and also produce some seemingly in depth books on the subject. The biggest problem you may find with the books is that Dr. Pier Tsui-Po, the author, charges by the kilogram. Around $1000 US per Kg.

For you guys in the US try hooking up with a Dillman school, or for some real quality stuff, find a Ryu-Te school. Ryu-Te is Oyata Senseii's system.
If you are downunder, and happen to be in Victoria, come and see Master Frank Monea, at the Challenge Centre, at 6 Burlington Street, Oakleigh. There are a few others in Aust. that do this stuff, but even they admit that Mr. Monea is way ahead.
I'll admit, I am biased a little bit, but I gotta say that what Mr. Monea teaches is extremely exciting, and you know it works, because you get to feel it and then do it.

--Dave

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I dont only use the little bit of Dim Mak that I do know for pain compliance there are other uses, most of the time the scituations I find myself in do not call for the other uses.
:D
I have actually bought a book called the two dragons of Dim Mak from the Golden Lion dojo, its pretty good. It talks about the Yin and Yang of Dim Mak, and also has a tremendous amount of pressure point science and uses.(cost of this book was aprox. $90.00 U.S. that price includes the shipping and handling.
:eek:

D. Cobb,
I do appreciate your input on this subject you have added some excellent info...

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DAC..florida
I dont only use the little bit of Dim Mak that I do know for pain compliance there are other uses, most of the time the scituations I find myself in do not call for the other uses.
:D
I have actually bought a book called the two dragons of Dim Mak from the Golden Lion dojo, its pretty good. It talks about the Yin and Yang of Dim Mak, and also has a tremendous amount of pressure point science and uses.(cost of this book was aprox. $90.00 U.S. that price includes the shipping and handling.
:eek:

D. Cobb,
I do appreciate your input on this subject you have added some excellent info...

Whilst some applications can be derived from books, you will never be able to make pressure point fighting work for you without a qualified teacher. Books just don't give you the full picture.

Oh yeah, by the way, if you are looking around the US for someone in the know, check out Ron Chapel's school. He is Doc on this BB.

--Dave

Latest Discussions