Pre-Debate Article Written in Past Tense

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me since this 'debate' is little more than a joint infomercial with all the 3rd parties denied a chance to participate.

Looks like someone slipped up on releasing it prematurely though.
Biased and predetermined?
Nah.

OP
P

PeachMonkey

Kaith Rustaz said:
Doesn't surprise me since this 'debate' is little more than a joint infomercial with all the 3rd parties denied a chance to participate.

Looks like someone slipped up on releasing it prematurely though.
Biased and predetermined?
Nah.

Yep. Looks more like laziness... part of the whole sham that these "debates" really construe.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you caught The Daily Show, one of the "reporters" did exactly the same thing. It was hilarious.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like someone there discovered the f-up.

LOL unbiased reporting my ***!

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
RandomPhantom700 said:
Um, I got to a "Sorry, content unavailable page". Can someone clue me in on what the heck's going on?
There was an article with the by-line of 'Associated Press' that discussed the debate in the past tense.

The article laid out the candidates spin for the debate, but did not discuss any specifics from the debate (obviously, because they hadn't happened yet).

I suppose, if I was a small town newspaper in Eastport, Maine I might have need for an article about the debate for tomorrow mornings AM paper .... and if my press time is prior to 9:00 PM, I wouldn't be able to actually say anything about the debate because it would need to be written before the debate started.

So, I think it may have been the AP trying to sell some articles to those type of papers. It probably goes on all the time, but we are seldom aware of it.

Someone got caught with their pants down.

Latest Discussions