Postings are Missing

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was an upgrade of the system. I will put this on the problems list and see what can be done.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've checked in depth in the database, and show no signs of any missing posts. I'll keep looking though.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob, just as an FYI, I don't know how many pages were there, but I checked the link from Trevorama and I remember browsing through the thread late last week and there were definitely many more posts than the two that are showing now.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe you. Problem is, I just manually scrolled through the 3,000 posts in the database since the OP, and there are no gaps in the list. AFAIK, even if one were to be deleted, it's number is still used. I went waaaay back to the first post made on the site, and there are in fact gaps there. That tells me that the posts aren't gone...but may have gotten de-linked, or tacked onto another thread. More searching here...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AFAIK, even if one were to be deleted, it's number is still used.

yup, no duplicates, even if one is deleted, that number won't get used again.

I do believe trevorama had more posts in there, and I had at least one.

Try something like this:

Code:
SELECT * FROM post WHERE userid = 4279 ORDER BY dateline DESC

That will give you a list of all my posts, starting with the most recent, or a different userid for someone elses ;)

OP
T

trevorama

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Look to this thread in the General Self Defense forum.
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38046&page=2

Crap! I'm soooooo sorry for wasting everyone's time. I completely forgot I had posted that similar thread in that forum initially. Thinking I had posted it in the wrong place, I rephrased and posted in a different forum.

Again, I'm really sorry about the false alarm. I've given myself a 200 pushup penance. :whip1:

Thanks Brian for cracking the code on that one, and thank you Bob, Lisa, Andrew, et al. for being so prompt, thorough and courteous. You guys do a great job on this site!

I'm an idiot.

Latest Discussions