Possible Online Lesson Format and Video - Please comment

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lol! No worries, I'm confused enough already lol. I can't get my head around this thread...my fault entirely I'll add. I'm not good at learning from watching at the best of times so I'm afraid the video has gone over my head because I can't see how it pertains to the kata.

I suppose I need to make a primer video that shows people from the outside looking in how to use this.

Essentially, in my class, we start with some basic movements and drill them. Then, we pick a section of the kata and put the basic movements into an application. Once, we get the application to apply smoothly, we spar with some of the concepts. After that, we add some more esoteric concepts to refine the technique. You have to stop the video and practice each section.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your students would know exactly what you mean! The name of the kata confused me because our TSD doesn't do it or name anything we do as that so I was looking for techniques from the Pinan Nidan I do know which wasn't there. My bad not yours! Btw I didn't realise you were so young lol!

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. It's really for my students who are leaving and want to continue training. I figure if they can find a training partner, I can try to use technology and stay connected.

My wife said I needed to shave because my beard was getting gray.

Latest Discussions