Plus one for the good guy's

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
These stories are out there, this one is a keeper.............

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013/10/video_nj_troopers_save_choking_special_needs_teen_on_side_of_trenton_highway.html

"In my opinion, these two troopers saved this young boy's life," Grossman said.
Julian suffers from seizures and has other health issues. His parents' need for help to save their son left the men from Troop C in Hamilton wondering what might have happened if they were not patrolling on the highway that day.
"This is definitely my first experience with a real (life and death) situation," Benavidez said. "It's a wake-up call."
"I was telling everyone - this job is beyond what I thought it was going to be," he said.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I guess this can be +2

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-groceries-for-woman-caught-shoplifting-food/

A struggling Florida mom who was caught trying to shoplift hundreds of dollars of groceries ended up with food and a ride home from a kind-hearted police officer, instead of a ride to the stationhouse.
When Miami-Dade Police Officer Vicki Thomas, 55, was dispatched to look into a shoplifting case at a Publix grocery store, a store manager led her to Jessica Robles.
“She was crying. I said, ‘Okay, what did she take?’ And he pointed to a grocery cart that was full of groceries,” Thomas told ABCNews.com. “I’ve been on [the job] 23 years, and I went, wow.”
“She just filled up the grocery cart and she just walked out, which shocked me and I asked her, ‘Why?’” Thomas recalled. “She said, ‘My children were hungry.’ And that immediately impacted me.”

Thomas said Robles told her through tears, “I’d love to be able to tell you I’ll never do this again, but I can’t because my children are hungry.”
“My grandchildren flashed before my eyes,” Thomas said. “I knew at that time what I was going to do. I knew I was going to buy her groceries.”
Thomas and her partner took the woman to their car, completed her paperwork and then Thomas asked her to wait a few minutes.
“I grabbed my debit card, ran back into the store and bought things that would sustain her for a week or so and when I walked out she saw that I had the cart of groceries and she burst out in tears and asked if she could hug me, which is kind of unusual for the suspect to be hugging the officer,” Thomas said with a laugh. “I let her hug me.”

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The stories above are a reminder that cops are people too. In the news media we sometimes hear just the negative aspects of the job, and that, at times, gives everyone a clouded glimpse of the more personal side of the profession.
I feel that the hardest part of the job may be, knowing daily, where on that fine line they may be and act accordingly.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
+3
http://www.10news.com/news/slain-sa...words-inspire-the-boy-who-heard-them-08072013

Thousands of dollars were raised Wednesday in honor of slain San Diego police Officer Jeremy Henwood.

Henwood was shot by a suicidal gunman two years ago while on duty. Moments before the shooting, surveillance video at a City Heights-area McDonald's captured the officer buying cookies for a young boy.

"What you saw Officer Jeremy Henwood do was tremendous and all of our officers do that," said San Diego Police Assistant Chief Shelley Zimmerman.

"It changed my whole mentality of officers," said 15-year-old Daveon Scott, who was 13 at the time he met Henwood.

Scott spoke with 10News on Wednesday from the back of a SWAT truck. It is something he probably would not have done before he met Henwood.

"Before he met Officer Henwood, he didn't necessarily have the best opinion of police officers," said Zimmerman.

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
+3
http://www.10news.com/news/slain-sa...words-inspire-the-boy-who-heard-them-08072013

Thousands of dollars were raised Wednesday in honor of slain San Diego police Officer Jeremy Henwood.

Henwood was shot by a suicidal gunman two years ago while on duty. Moments before the shooting, surveillance video at a City Heights-area McDonald's captured the officer buying cookies for a young boy.

"What you saw Officer Jeremy Henwood do was tremendous and all of our officers do that," said San Diego Police Assistant Chief Shelley Zimmerman.

"It changed my whole mentality of officers," said 15-year-old Daveon Scott, who was 13 at the time he met Henwood.

Scott spoke with 10News on Wednesday from the back of a SWAT truck. It is something he probably would not have done before he met Henwood.

"Before he met Officer Henwood, he didn't necessarily have the best opinion of police officers," said Zimmerman.
At times the right words at the right time can impact lives.........

RIP officer Henwood.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always had the highest regard for LEO's. It a tough job and thankless. They don't deserve the bad rep.