Place to get gear?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
This has probably come up before, but we don't have an "equipment" forum (We should, and this should be a sticky topic : )

Anyway, what's your preferred online site for getting gear? As in striking pads and bags and such?

Thanks

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It depends on what you're seeking.

If you're looking for good (or premium) gi's, then it's probably a better idea to go directly to the manufacturer, and open up a wholesale account. I know for certain, that companies such as Kamikaze, as well as Tokon, will give you a significant discount off the retail prices they list on their sites, if you are a wholesale customer.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pstarr said:
Yeah, you'd be amazed at what you can save by getting equipment on ebay-

Quite true. All sorts of great deals to be found.

Still, take what you see there with several grains of salt. I think several folks here got burnt by the guy selling the fake Tokaido uniforms.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should stear clear of Century. The quality of the uniforms and gear is good (they are the leader in the US for a reason), but their prices are very high.

Go to http://www.martialartssupermarket.com for good prices on everything. I have been using them for over ten years now and am very happy. They give wholesale prices for Century, Proforce (I like Proforce), Macho, RheeMax and more. You don't have to have a wholesale account with them to get those wholesale prices either.

Also, I use KWON, but I have a wholesale account with them. Their quality is great, but their prices are as bad as Century's. Still, I use them because I get about 55% off of retail.

AoG

Latest Discussions