phoenix az training

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Im interviewing with 1 - 2 companies this week in Phoenix and if I land a job I will be there in a few short weeks.
:partyon:

Anyways, I need to start looking into training out there now.

My first choice would be to stay with most recent training styles. A combo of Muay Thai, JKD, and FMA. (At least the JKD and FMA would be great.) I realize this may be pretty tough so any ideas would be appreciated.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you'd be very pleased with the training you would receive from Master Ken Corona. Seek out his dojang - Corona's Martial Arts Academy. At least call and go watch a class or two and tell him SheSulsa sent you.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Goldendragon.

He may not teach JKD or FMA but you will never run out of material.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
cfr said:
Im interviewing with 1 - 2 companies this week in Phoenix and if I land a job I will be there in a few short weeks.

My first choice would be to stay with most recent training styles. A combo of Muay Thai, JKD, and FMA. (At least the JKD and FMA would be great.) I realize this may be pretty tough so any ideas would be appreciated.

Check out this Site. It is by Sam Buot who works with the Taboada Balintawak lineage. In case you are unfamiliar, Balintawak is a style of FMA.

You can also check Tobaoda's site and his link page.

If I think or find other FMA in the area I will post it in the future.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
jfarnsworth said:
The Goldendragon.

He may not teach JKD or FMA but you will never run out of material.
Mr. Conatser has some extensive knowledge to pass along to anyone who is willing to learn.

Happy to help. Email me. I teach workshops in Phx. and Sedona every year. When I am there, I'd be happy to work with you and absent that opportunity I can certainly share soem of my ocntacts.

D

dkigirl

cfr said:

Do you know what part of town you will be living/working on? This makes a big difference because of the travel issues during rush hour.

OP
C

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
I interview tomorrow with a Scottsdale company. I can live pretty much anywhere.

OP
C

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
dkigirl said:
Do you know what part of town you will be living/working on? This makes a big difference because of the travel issues during rush hour.

Didn't get the original job a while back, but I have one now. Moving there in two weeks. I will be staying in Tempe for my first 3 months. (Doubt I'll be doing much formal training during that time.) I hope to have bought a house by then. We are hoping to land in the Tolleson area and I will be working just off the 17 right in between the 101 and the 10. Any ideas?

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I work on I-10 and Ray, if you need a partner for whatever art you do, I would be happy to be a fall guy, do some sparring/grappling etc. I would also advocate Master Ken Corona in Phoenix for knowledge and ability.

Let me know and good luck!

Farang - Larry

OP
C

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
lulflo said:
I work on I-10 and Ray, if you need a partner for whatever art you do, I would be happy to be a fall guy, do some sparring/grappling etc. I would also advocate Master Ken Corona in Phoenix for knowledge and ability.

Let me know and good luck!

Farang - Larry

Based on my lack of experience, I'm much more likely to be the fall guy than to need one. Although its not really what Im in search of, I tried to find a web site for the Corona school with no lock. Does he have one?

OP
C

cfr

Black Belt
Reaction score
cfr said:
Based on my lack of experience, I'm much more likely to be the fall guy than to need one. Although its not really what Im in search of, I tried to find a web site for the Corona school with no lock. Does he have one?

"luck"

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't think his website is active anymore, but you should be able to look up his dojang in the phone book or whitepages.com. Let me know if you have troubles. Good "Lock" :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Farang - Larry

Latest Discussions