Pelosi: "We want registration"

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We sent that to all our IDPA, CMP, and IPSC club members. Just to give them a heads up.

I sure hope 'duck hunters' and all those fancy rich skeet shooters see that Pelosi will try to do to us what was done in England. Slow but sure banning of everything AFTER they register them all.

Deaf

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
We sent that to all our IDPA, CMP, and IPSC club members. Just to give them a heads up.

I sure hope 'duck hunters' and all those fancy rich skeet shooters see that Pelosi will try to do to us what was done in England. Slow but sure banning of everything AFTER they register them all.

Deaf
That daffy broad is planning on using the 'Boiling Frog' principle of gun control.......sadly it's effective.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow I don't envision a hell of a lot of compliance with this if it does happen.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow I don't envision a hell of a lot of compliance with this if it does happen.

Probably not at first....but they'll makes sure to make it a federal crime not to register your firearms. After they send a few folks to prison for 10 years, the rest of us will get their message.

And the registration is just the necessary first step to a confiscation anyway......they need a registry first to go after these guns.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
To get compliance all they have to do is get the ones that are scared to fight, to turn in their guns. Then they offer food or $$ for the people who are to hungry to fight(works good with this economy). Then they send out the troops to collect the rest. If the troops don't want to comply, they have the National Service group go do it. http://www.nationalservice.gov/Default.asp They are the ones that many of us suspect will be trained in weapons and tactics for O's little secret police.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score

Nor do I.... and that's where a full scale civil war could begin. A lot of people are not going to turn their guns in to the likes of Nancy Pelosi or Al Franken. So then you and the other LEOs here get sent to shoot it out with the rest of us. I'm guessing most LEOs will refuse, and so will many military units... your idea of "serve and protect" and the soldiers' view of upholding the Constitution doesn't square with the violent imposition of a Peoples' Republic.

But unlike most here, I give Obama credit for more intelligence.

The Kalifornia Kommisars (Pelosi,Feinstein,Boxer) have long been hostile to gun ownership..... look at Feinstein's comment years ago that, if she could, she would order," Mr and Mrs America, turn them all in" <Author's note: why don't you personally come to get mine?> This position from the extreme left is not news.

Obama has far more important things on his agenda. He will recall that the Klintons lost Congress after the 1990's gun bill, and he will know we never had 'President Gore' because of the NRA. Obama was not elected on a gun control platform. Obama knows the country is a tinderbox and is in deep economic trouble...... you guys really think he's gonna throw that match into it??

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The fact is that firearms are durable - many are in working condition and safe to fire even a century after they were made. So no one really knows how many firearms there are in the USA, estimates are all over the place. The FBI estimates nearly 200 million guns in private hands - compared to 350 million citizens. That's a lot of guns.

I believe it would be impossible to register them all.

However, one way to begin would be to require registration of all guns sold commercially, and to forbid private sales (not that the latter attempt would work, but it would stop some sales).

Second, the government could begin the process of pulling all the Form 4473's that are either in the hands of licensed gun dealers or in a government warehouse, due to an FFL dealer going out of business or losing their license. I had an FFL back in the days when you could run a 'garage' business, and my 4473's were all mailed in when my license expired and I could not renew without a 'storefront' location.

Once the 4473's were all digitized, police officers could be given street addresses and names to begin to try to force registration of those firearms, or just enter them all into a database and consider them 'registered'.

However, there is no practical way for the nation to register all the guns. Which is a very good thing.

And as I've said before, I'll never register my guns. Never.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really wish I could agree...

Unfortunately, I think most gun owners are going to knuckle under just as they did in other countries.
With the threat of federal prison looming over their heads, i'm certain they will.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hhhmmm, being retired military, I swore to uphold the Constitution and the Laws of this land whereas the laws of this land are not specifically mentioned in the Enlistment Oath, there is a moral obligation for me to do so since it say follow the orders of the President or those appointed over me. I sit here and ponder would I really resist and refuse to register my firearms or cache them know that I would be putting my family in harms way right way, were not the only ones that watch TV or read, criminals, thieves, crooks, druggies do also.

Ok, thought about it long enough, family and country come first, no registration for this man.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
And as I've said before, I'll never register my guns. Never.

Stay out of NE then. We already require firearm registration. And we have for quite awhile. Atleast 30 years. By the way, NE has made no attempt to confiscate firearms.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok, thought about it long enough, family and country come first, no registration for this man.

And when they target your family? When the government agents who do choose to enforce this legislation come to your home and threaten your children or your wife? When they surround your home, or the homes of your neighbors, and attack you with flammable toxic gases, or sniper fire? When you hear about someone's wife being murdered by a government sniper, or someone's children being strafed from overhead by machine gun fire from government helicopters? When they burn someone alive in their own home and fire round after round into anyone trying to flee the inferno?

Or how about when they just show up in a neighborhood of people they don't like and choose to seize every single child from every single home based on an anonymous tip that they know originated from a disturbed prank phone caller?

Ah hell, those people were all weirdos anyway. They probably had it coming. Who cares if their families were violated, or murdered by government agents. After all, it wasn't me an mine. We toe the line.

And as long as we keep toeing the line, I'm sure they won't come kill us next.

-Rob

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chilling Words.

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA
ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve
the state." - Heinrich Himmler.

Himmler was one of most powerful men in
Nazi Germany. As Reichsführer-SS he oversaw all police and security forces, including the Gestapo. Wonder why he didn't want regular citizens armed?

Hmmmm....has Nancy, Hillary and their buddies been reading more of their hero's works?

Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

• [*]Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
    [*]All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
    [*]Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
    [*]Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
    [*]The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
    [*]Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.
http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-leftist/id14.html

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Examples of Registration leading to confiscation:

1930's & 1940's
Himmler, head of the Nazi terror police, would become an architect of the Holocaust, which consumed six million Jews. It was self evident that the Jews must be disarmed before the extermination could begin.

Finding out which Jews had firearms was not too difficult. The liberal Weimar Republic passed a Firearm Law in 1928 requiring extensive police records on gun owners. Hitler signed a further gun control law in early 1938.

Other European countries also had laws requiring police records to be kept on persons who possessed firearms. When the Nazis took over Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1939, it was a simple matter to identify gun owners. Many of them disappeared in the middle of the night along with political opponents.

In 1941, U.S. Attorney General Robert Jackson called on Congress to enact national registration of all firearms.8 Given events in Europe, Congress recoiled, and legislation was introduced to protect the Second Amendment. Rep. Edwin Arthur Hall explained: "Before the advent of Hitler or Stalin, who took power from the German and Russian people, measures were thrust upon the free legislatures of those countries to deprive the people of the possession and use of firearms, so that they could not resist the encroachments of such diabolical and vitriolic state police organizations as the Gestapo, the Ogpu, and the Cheka."9

Rep. John W. Patman added: "The people have a right to keep arms; therefore, if we should have some Executive who attempted to set himself up as dictator or king, the people can organize themselves together and, with the arms and ammunition they have, they can properly protect themselves. . . ."10
Source: http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-leftist/id14.html

CALIFORNIA ORDERS STATE-WIDE CONFISCATION

Gun Confiscation in Democratic Societies
New Zealand has had some form of firearms registration since 1921. In 1974, all revolvers lawfully held for personal security were confiscated. [SIZE=-1](Same source as previous paragraph)[/SIZE]

In May of 1995, Canada's Bill C-68 prohibited previously legal and registered small-caliber handguns. Current owners of such guns were "grandfathered," which means the guns are to be forfeited upon death of the owner. Bill C-68 also authorizes the Canadian government to enact future weapons prohibitions.

On 10 May 1996, Australia banned most semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic and pump shotguns. Prior to this law, many Australian states and territories had firearms registration. Owners of these newly outlawed firearms were required to surrender them (with some monetary compensation). All such firearms are to be confiscated and destroyed after a 12-month amnesty program. Roughly 600,000 of an estimated 4 million Australian guns have been surrendered to authorities and destroyed.

"Since 1921, all lawfully-owned handguns in Great Britain are registered with the government, so handgun owners have little choice but to surrender their guns in exchange for payment according to government schedule...The handgun ban by no means has satiated the anti-gun appetite in Great Britain."[SIZE=-1] (All the Way Down the Slippery Slope: Gun Prohibition in England and Some Lessons for Civil Liberties in America", Hamline Law Review, 1999) [/SIZE]

Even in the United States, registration has been used to outlaw and confiscate firearms. In New York City, a registration system enacted in 1967 for long guns, was used in the early 1990s to confiscate lawfully owned semiautomatic rifles and shotguns. [SIZE=-1](Same source as previous paragraph)[/SIZE] The New York City Council banned firearms that had been classified by the city as "assault weapons." This was done despite the testimony of Police Commissioner Lee Brown that no registered "assault weapon" had been used in a violent crime in the city. The 2,340 New Yorkers who had registered their firearms were notified that these firearms had to be surrendered, rendered inoperable, or taken out of the city. [SIZE=-1] (NRA/ILA Fact Sheet: Firearms Registration: New York City's Lesson)[/SIZE]

More recently, California revoked a grace period for the registration of certain rifles (SKS Sporters) and declared that any such weapons registered during that period were illegal. [SIZE=-1] (California Penal Code, Chapter 2.3, Roberti-Ross Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 section 12281(f) )[/SIZE] In addition, California has prohibited certain semi-automatic long-rifles and pistols. Those guns currently owned, must be registered, and upon the death of the owner, either surrendered or moved out of state. [SIZE=-1](FAQ #13 from the California DOJ Firearms Division Page)[/SIZE]

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stay out of NE then. We already require firearm registration. And we have for quite awhile. Atleast 30 years. By the way, NE has made no attempt to confiscate firearms.
Well then it will be easier to got all the guns from NE......since you already have the lists.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
And when they target your family? When the government agents who do choose to enforce this legislation come to your home and threaten your children or your wife? When they surround your home, or the homes of your neighbors, and attack you with flammable toxic gases, or sniper fire? When you hear about someone's wife being murdered by a government sniper, or someone's children being strafed from overhead by machine gun fire from government helicopters? When they burn someone alive in their own home and fire round after round into anyone trying to flee the inferno?

Or how about when they just show up in a neighborhood of people they don't like and choose to seize every single child from every single home based on an anonymous tip that they know originated from a disturbed prank phone caller?

Ah hell, those people were all weirdos anyway. They probably had it coming. Who cares if their families were violated, or murdered by government agents. After all, it wasn't me an mine. We toe the line.

And as long as we keep toeing the line, I'm sure they won't come kill us next.

-Rob
I hate to use the 'R' word........or 'CW'.......I shudder to even think about it.....but in the purely hypothetical.......it was said better by someone else than I could ever say it......

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well then it will be easier to got all the guns from NE......since you already have the lists.

We've had registration for atleast 30 years, and there has been no attempt to seize our weapons. I've even heard we're consired to be one of the least regulated states in the Union. Right after Texas.

And you know, if you guys are THAT afraid of what the government does, I think the simple solution would be to move. I hear Mexico is lovely this time of year, and I doubt they have too many fire arms regulations. Iraq seems nice in the fall, and I know they have it (in the law) that any male citizen is allowed to own an AK47.

Latest Discussions