Peace activists call for violence, lynching Clarence Thomas

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's right, these peace activists call for all sorts of violence against various conservatives at their rally. for example:

-1:07-put Clarence Thomas back in the fields
-1:56-Kill Roger Ailes
-3:00 do bad things to Clarence Thomas
-3:12 String up Clarence Thomas and his Wife
-3:52 Hang Clarence Thomas
http://www.breitbart.tv/peace-lovin...testers-call-for-lynching-of-clarence-thomas/

These are just some of the regular folks at this rally. Hmmmm, if this had been taken at a tea party rally, and this level of racism and hate had even been hinted at, it would have been played 24/7 up to the next election. Where is the love? After Tuscon?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmmm, if this had been taken at a tea party rally, and this level of racism and hate had even been hinted at, it would have been played 24/7 up to the next election.
Come on Bill, you know Thomas isn't really black, he's a conservative...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know I am going to regret asking this but ... who is Clarence Thomas?

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In what way, Gran? Must be pretty darned far off the road if people are getting so intemperate in their opinons about him.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In what way, Gran? Must be pretty darned far off the road if people are getting so intemperate in their opinons about him.

For his conduct in regard to his female coworkers....

Other than that, I have not really heard a thing about him....in either regard.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For his "alleged" conduct with a female co-worker, who was herself very suspicious in the timing of her actual complaint considering she had never made an issue of it before his appointment to the supreme court, and actually followed him to another job when he moved to a different earlier posting. The innapropriate conduct were some off color jokes, which I believe he disputed, and that was about it. Considering the lengths that people like the ones in this protest went to to protect the actual serial sexual predator Bill Clinton, with what he actually did to state female workers and interns under his power, and the other sexual predator Ted Kennedy, the alleged allegations against Clarence Thomas was really nothing more than an attempt to keep a conservative, black man off of the supreme court.

Nothing he has ruled on rises to the statements of these "peace" activists.

These are from wikipedia:Anita Hill allegations
Main article: Allegations by Anita Hill
Toward the end of the confirmation hearings, an FBI interview with Anita Hill was leaked. Hill, an attorney, had worked for Thomas at the Department of Education and had subsequently moved with Thomas to the EEOC.[51] Following the leak, Hill was called to testify at Thomas's confirmation hearings, where she stated that Thomas had subjected her to comments of a sexual nature. She sought to emphasize the inappropriate nature of the alleged behavior, rather than focusing on whether it was illegal or not, but said that in her view it was indeed illegal, adding that it might not "rise to the level" of illegal sexual harassment.[52][53][54][55] Hill's testimony included lurid details, and some Senators aggressively questioned her.[56]
Thomas denied the allegations, saying:[57]
This is not an opportunity to talk about difficult matters privately or in a closed environment. This is a circus. It's a national disgrace. And from my standpoint, as a black American, it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a committee of the U.S. Senate rather than hung from a tree.[58]
Hill was the only person to testify at the Senate hearings against Thomas. Angela Wright, who worked with Thomas at the EEOC before he fired her,[59] decided not to testify,[60] but submitted a written statement alleging similar behavior, which Wright characterized as strange behavior but not harassment.[61][62] [11] Also, Sukari Hardnett, a former Thomas assistant, wrote to the Senate committee saying that although Thomas had not harassed her, she did feel that he had inspected her as a female.[63][64]

Clarence Thomas being sworn in by Byron White, as wife Virginia Lamp Thomas looks on.

Other former colleagues testified on Thomas's behalf. Nancy Altman, who shared an office with Thomas at the Department of Education, testified that she heard virtually everything Thomas said over the course of two years, and never heard any sexist or offensive comment. Altman did not find it credible that Thomas could have engaged in the conduct alleged by Hill, without any of the dozens of women he worked with noticing it.[65] Senator Alan K. Simpson was puzzled about why Hill and Thomas met, dined, and spoke by phone on various occasions after they no longer worked together

This is the man that the activists want "sent back to the fields," and "lynched, along with his wife." As I wrote before, all the racism and hate, where is all the love?

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the information on the man. It does sound a very odd circumstance indeed I have to say.

So what about the activist group that have said such things - what does it matter to them or their views what he has said or done?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
His supreme court decisions are in line with the original intent of the founders of the country. He also is not a supporter of affirmative action.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
His supreme court decisions are in line with the original intent of the founders of the country. He also is not a supporter of affirmative action.

Aside from the fact that the man is - professionally speaking - somewhat colorless, I am interested how come you know what the founders of the country intended...just really practically speaking...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the information on the man. It does sound a very odd circumstance indeed I have to say.

So what about the activist group that have said such things - what does it matter to them or their views what he has said or done?

Justice Thomas has been a lightning rod for activists on the American left, much like former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was a lightning rod for activists on the American right. The disagreement for folks like these goes deeper than the issues, and is often voiced on a personal level.

For good or ill, "lightning rods" often rally the troops better than the actual issues do.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rather than celebrate the fact that a black American reached the ultimate pinnacle of his profession, the left in this country attacks Justice Thomas. They hate him because he is uncompromising in his principles. They hate him because he is Catholic and actually believes in what his faith teaches. They hate him because he has spoken out against the programs they fund. They hate him because his wife is white. Here is a man who embodies Reverend King's words, because he does not judge people by the color of their skin, but, by the content of their character.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rather than celebrate the fact that a black American reached the ultimate pinnacle of his profession, the left in this country attacks Justice Thomas.

Its not just with Justice Thomas, there was also the instances where Sec. Rice was depicted as Aunt Jemima and Lt. Gov. Steele was depicted as Sambo. Stunts that only serve as personal insult, they do nothing to debate the issues of the day.

"In losing a woman, the court with Alito would feature seven white men, one white woman and a black man, who deserves an asterisk because he arguably does not represent the views of mainstream black America." (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel editorial, 2005)

I was the first woman in New England to take on the responsibilities of chief engineer of a radio broadcast station, and I did so at one of the largest and most profitable stations in the Boston media market. Do I deserve an asterisk because my views arguably do not reflect the mainstream American woman?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its not just with Justice Thomas, there was also the instances where Sec. Rice was depicted as Aunt Jemima and Lt. Gov. Steele was depicted as Sambo. Stunts that only serve as personal insult, they do nothing to debate the issues of the day.

"In losing a woman, the court with Alito would feature seven white men, one white woman and a black man, who deserves an asterisk because he arguably does not represent the views of mainstream black America." (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel editorial, 2005)

I was the first woman in New England to take on the responsibilities of chief engineer of a radio broadcast station, and I did so at one of the largest and most profitable stations in the Boston media market. Do I deserve an asterisk because my views arguably do not reflect the mainstream American woman?
They sure trumpet about tolerance, but, anytime anyone disagrees with them, they aren't tolerant at all, are they?

Latest Discussions