Parker schools in Wisconsin

W

white eagle

Does anyone know how I can find any info to lead me to a Ed Parker school in Wisconsin?

OP
C

clapping_tiger

When it comes to Kenpo, as far as I know, pickings are pretty slim in Wisconsin. In Manitowoc (where I live, and train) there is a kenpo school that teaches IKCA material (www.karateconnection.com) and there is a school in Milwaukee that teaches Kempo. I could be wrong, but I was a tournament and someone told me that our school is the only Kenpo school in Wisconsin, but Wisconsin is a pretty big place and this info could be wrong. If you want more information you can PM me and I will let you know all I can and maybe point you to some others who can give you more information.

Salute - Jason Johnson

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As far as I know there are no parker schools in wis. I have been in the arts for about 25 years (tournys and all that) and i have not seen A EPAK school.

Back in the 80's we brought GM Parker into Milwwaukee for a seminar (along with Lee Wedlake) but kinda fizzled. I am the kenpo guy in milwaukee (except for a Tracy's school)
Todd

OP
C

clapping_tiger

The Kai said:
I am the kenpo guy in milwaukee (except for a Tracy's school)
Todd
Cool, Did you compete in a Tourney up here in Manitowoc last year and compete in the Black Belt Self Defense Division? If so I may have met you briefly and competed against you, I was the guy who had the off day. Man, was I disappointed in my showing. But hey, it happens. The guy I met say's he practices Kajukenbo if I remember right.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You are right, we practice KaJuKenpo- but I am guilty of shorting it up and saying kenpo. How's it going?

Todd

OP
R

RHD

The Kai said:
You are right, we practice KaJuKenpo- but I am guilty of shorting it up and saying kenpo. How's it going?

Todd

Todd, you're in Milwaukee? Is the Tracy School you're referring to Quest Studios? What is your school? Just Curious.
Mike

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes and yes

We are the Kai Martial Arts academy
Thanks

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We are on 79th and becher in west allis

OP
C

clapping_tiger

The Kai said:

Todd
It's going pretty good, I am just coming off of a "break" from the marital arts for a bit. I think I was getting burnt out and lost my fire. But after taking a few months off, I got the itch back and went back to the school last week. I hope everything is still going pretty good on your end. It's cool to finally see someone on this board who I have met. :asian:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
We are hosting a seminar with Shihan Mike Burton in August, you of course are invited. It will be a great weekend!

Todd

Latest Discussions