Oyata: RyuKyu Kempo: The Living Legened

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

Yes RRouselet is one of his students and a very knowledgeable person. If you ask some polite questions you just might get some more information

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sin said:
how can i get a hold of him?
he is on this forum a lot you could try PMing him fo to members list and look for RRouselet he also leaves his phone number under all of his posts. He is from Japan but I believe that Oyata now lives in Kansas City so he is farely accessable

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Last time i checked Oyota was in Missori :idunno:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
Last time i checked Oyota was in Missori :idunno:
Yes he moved to the US in 1968 the first time and then back to Okinawa after a short time and then back to the US in 1977. He now lives in Independence MO.
If you are looking to train with him I think I should tell you he only teaches people above black belt.....

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ron Livingston is my Sensei and he lived with Dr. Shaw..........I can understand why he only works with students above black belt....right now I would just be honored to meet him...and one day hopfully to train with him. :asian:

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
Ron Livingston is my Sensei and he lived with Dr. Shaw..........I can understand why he only works with students above black belt....right now I would just be honored to meet him...and one day hopfully to train with him. :asian:

It’s not that he doesn’t like teaching beginners. It’s the fact that he doesn’t want to waste his time on “dojo hoppers” that don’t know what they want. He figures that if you reach black belt in the MA you should be able to separate the wheat from the chaff by that time.

Also, since the training can be quite demanding physically and mentally he prefers that people be somewhat seasoned in the MAs.......many people can't hack it and quite......often not understanding what he is really teaching ……

Latest Discussions