So I Just Had My First Muay Thai Class Today

bam357

White Belt
Reaction score
The class went pretty good. The teacher is Matee Jedeepatik at www.warriorway.com

When i first got in we did the stretched and warmed up which consisted of arm circles back and forth, hip circles and about 5 minutes of jumping rope (which was alot more hard and tiring then i thought it would be)

After that we did the some punch and step combinations then some kick and step combinations and also worked on form and stance.

At the end we did sit ups leg lifts and push ups.

The only thing i wish that would have been different is a little more one on one with the Matee i didnt really get to work with him at all to know if i was doing things correct or not.

At the end we did sit ups and leg lifts

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll make sure you get the attention you need. Might be waiting to see if you show back up. No sense in wasting time on a one class student.

Jeff

OP
B

bam357

White Belt
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
I'm sure he'll make sure you get the attention you need. Might be waiting to see if you show back up. No sense in wasting time on a one class student.

Jeff

Yeah thats what i was thinking but then again why not make sure i come back. Either way its the only Muay Thai school in the area besides "Institute of Martial Arts" who wouldnt even let me view or sit in a class.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bam357 said:
"Institute of Martial Arts" who wouldnt even let me view or sit in a class.

That alone should send up alarm bells...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bam357 said:
about 5 minutes of jumping rope (which was alot more hard and tiring then i thought it would be)

My friend is a Kajukenbo instructor, I use this word because I don't know the proper title..I dropped my his school on Saturday and he got me to jump rope, besides almost killing myself getting caught in my own rope I though I was gonna have a heart attack...Congrats on your first class..Keep us posted as to your progress..

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bam357 said:
Yeah thats what i was thinking but then again why not make sure i come back. Either way its the only Muay Thai school in the area besides "Institute of Martial Arts" who wouldnt even let me view or sit in a class.
Sorry, meant to quote that up above.

Jeff

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
that name sounds familiar, Matee Jedeepitak. i wonder if i have seen him fight.

i think i have seen him on youtube.

OP
B

bam357

White Belt
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
How the heck do they get students?

Thats what im wondering but when i called they had an aroggant attitude and said basically what can i do for them, its only one rate which is 520 for 6 mos. and that thier the only Muay Thai Gym in Michigan that is certified and their students compete often. He mentioned somthing about fight klub i dont know but it didnt seem like a gym i need to be apart of.

lll000000lll said:
that name sounds familiar, Matee Jedeepitak. i wonder if i have seen him fight.
http://dragonlegmt.com/about.php
i think i have seen him on youtube.

Yeah i looked up his credentials and http://dragonlegmt.com/about.php and Saekson Janjira another Muay Thai Champion and Thai Movie Star is at the Gym now helping Train.

Latest Discussions