Open Range

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just saw the movie Open Range Staring Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, and Annette Benning. When I was 20 I might not have sat through it because I wante shows that where all action. After watching this show I must say it depects a time gone by when this country(USA) was starting to fill up some of our open land and laws where sometimes made by those who owned the most land.
To say that this is a poweful show with beautiful landscape and the highest quality acting might be an understatement.
The show may not be for everyone and is perdictible in places but damn it was a great show. It has one of the most real (i think) gun fights that has been caught on film so far
If you have a couple hours +- to watch something and can get through the spmewhat boreing first 15 mins. you might like it

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by tshadowchaser
Just saw the movie Open Range Staring Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, and Annette Benning. When I was 20 I might not have sat through it because I wante shows that where all action. After watching this show I must say it depects a time gone by when this country(USA) was starting to fill up some of our open land and laws where sometimes made by those who owned the most land.
To say that this is a poweful show with beautiful landscape and the highest quality acting might be an understatement.
The show may not be for everyone and is perdictible in places but damn it was a great show. It has one of the most real (i think) gun fights that has been caught on film so far
If you have a couple hours +- to watch something and can get through the spmewhat boreing first 15 mins. you might like it
If Costner's character gets killed, or at least wounded severely, I'd find it entertaining.

R

rmcrobertson

Through kenpo, I actually know slightly the guy--Kim Carnes, I think?--that Costner's character walks up to, says, "Did you kill my friend?" and....short paart, I guess.

Sorry, I know those sorts of comments are odious. (Nice guy, though, in a kenpo class.) But I also know a VERY funny kenpo story concerning him that I can't repeat here...ah, the joys of SoCal.

I liked that movie, even though Duvall was just ringing a small change on Gus McCrae. I also thought the gunfight was terrific, well-filmed, especially that use of the old 12-gauge through the skimpy wall...violent, awkward, sloppy, scary...very post-Unforgiven.

And, perversely maybe, that's the best I've seen Annette Benning look in a movie...and I didn't even recognize Michael Jeter...

Latest Discussions