ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sadly, no.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess the weight machines inside have a button on them that sets off hydraulics so all they have to do is hold on. "Hey, I'm not fat! I go to the gym 4 times a week." They don't actually DO anything there, but, by god, they go.;)

OP
ABN

ABN

Green Belt
Reaction score
You do realize of course that if they actually did work out, they would be forced to actually break a sweat. This would cause untold damage to carefully coordinated outfits purchased for physical appeal and not for utilitarian purpose.

To those who actually go to gyms and work out I do not want to imply that you are among this group as I am sure they bring a smile to your face as they puff and pull at the nautilus not realizing that you actually have to put the pin into a set of plates for there to actually be weight on the machine...:confused:

I love my free weights and look forward to my clubbells,

andy

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
THink of a martial arts school for the people there. Punch for me nnow kick for me. now ill do 1000 kicks(turn on a machine and relaxe)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
whew! glad there are places like THAT... I thought my tough work out was hiking 2 miles to gain 2000+ feet of elevation carrying 35 lb pack and then caving for 8-10 hours going to -600 underground and back out was tough... guess I'm wrong... sheesh... places like that make you really rilly wonder at the society today. Guess they didn't want folks to strain themselves enroute to their work outs ... geez.

Great pic though. Too sad that it's true.

:shrug:

R

RCastillo

it's good for people with bad knees. We accomodate most of society anyways, so......................:shrug:

J

JDenz

Hey I think it is cool. Seriously nothing wrong with esculaters. It is what you do inside the gym not what you do before you get in plus it is probley safer in bad weather so you don't fall down the stairs.

Q

Quick Sand

I guess that must be in a place that doesn't get ice or snow. Otherwise I would assume it would just jam up the machines. Even in rain I think I'd be sketchy to go on them. They could get slippery or possibly short out couldn't they?? :shrug: I'll take the stairs thanks. There's no reason the workout has to be confined inside the building. I don't go to the gym very often but when I do, I walk or bike there.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by JDenz
Hey I think it is cool. Seriously nothing wrong with esculaters. It is what you do inside the gym not what you do before you get in plus it is probley safer in bad weather so you don't fall down the stairs.

Yeah, but we don't control contractors like you guys.:cool:

J

JDenz

GOOD because Texas is a long drive ( I know I know, made it before)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well... If you were handicaped but wanted to work out you might appreciate them...

Or what if you went in and did 3 hours on the stairmaster, and your legs were tired and you couldnt walk back down...

Ok Ok.

This is the real reason they have them...

"Look how modern and fancy our facility is... Now pay us your monthly dues of 100 dollars. Sure you can go to Generic Gym down the Street for 20 bucks a month, but are they Modern and Fancy?"

I know this cuz I have the same argument with the guys at work... they pay like 70 bucks a month to work out at the new ultra modern fitness center... I pay 23 to work out at a local "hole in the wall" gym... And they say "Look how big our gym is, and they have elevators and hot tubs"

And I am like "Im working out, why do I need an elevator, and I have a hot tub in my house..."

Latest Discussions