Olympic sparing team training

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of all the different team training camps and such, I have a question about Peak performance camps?

1. How much time is spent on actual drills, such as footwork and ring management?

2. How much time is spent on building the mind to be strong during a match?

3. When yougo to these camps how much one on one time is there?

4. What are the cost to belong in the Peak performance corral?

5. How many people have the Peak camps had on any National Team or the US Olympic Team since it has begun?

I do not want this to turn into a bashing of anybody, this is about what is actually tought and how well these individual do in the limelight of competition.

Chicago714

White Belt
Reaction score
I have not personally attended the Peak Performance Camp but you can find out a lot about them by visiting www.peakcampusa.com

I have attended Coach Juan Moreno Seminars in the past when he came to Chicago and i thought they were great and that he had a ton of knowledge to share. I can only assume that the camp is the same and that there is value in the camp.

Coach Christina Bayley & I are hosting a camp this weekend in Ohio, as we have over a 100 athletes currently registered. Here are the camp details:

Coach Christina Bayley - USA National Team Coach & Head Coach of TEAM TTF (Peak Performance) & Coach Jeffery Williams - Head Coach of TEAM XTC are hosting their 3rd Annual Cross Training Exchange Camp III, that will take place at Coach Bayley's School in Kettering, Ohio on January 22nd thru January 23rd. Once again we will be using LaJust EBP's & sparring systems for most of our sparring... sessions.

This camp will be the perfect preparation for the upcoming U.S. Open in February as well as a preparation for other USA National Qualifiers & State Tournaments that will be utilizing Lajust. This camp is for serious athlete's looking to improve or sharpen their game against top quality players from the Midwest, East Coast & Canada in a extremely competitive environment.

Registration is $50.00 per athlete

Cash or Make Checks & Money Orders payable to TTF

All Current 2010 National Team Members are free of charge(must provide proof).

Age group: 8 & Up Advance Belts & Black Belts

Location: Total Taekwondo & Fitness, 1942 E. Stroop Road, Kettering, Ohio 45429

Required Equipment: change of clothes (Dobok & t-shirts), (2) paddles, chest gear, helmet, groin cup, mouth piece, arm pads, shin pads & insteps (optional) & Lajust socks.

Travel Arrangement & Lodging: are not provided and are solely the responsibility of the attendee's.

We have secured a Special Host hotel for this event. It will be the Holiday Inn Express located at 5655 Wilmington Pike, Centerville, Ohio 45459. Use the rate code of TTAF to have room rates of $85 single or $90 double. This hotel also serves free hot breakfast! This hotel is a very easy 8 min drive to TTF!

We are anticipating another great turn-out as our last two camps had athletes from various schools, states & Canada. We have already received verbal commitments from new teams that will be attending this camp in January as well as returning athlete's and schools that attended the previous camps.

There will be plenty of U.S. National Team Members and other high-level players involved with this exchange as before. New information will be covered in this new camp and there will be plenty of sparring as always.

Here are a few athlete's that will be in attendance:
Aziza Chambers - 2x U-24, Pan Am Games & University Team Member
Justin Bretz - Junior National Team Member
Taylor Brennan - Junior National Team Member
Tyler McKnittel McDavid - Junior World Team Member
Laurissa Tanielu - 2x Junior Team & World Team Member
Jeffery Williams Jr. - 2x Junior National Team & Youth Olympic Team Member
Monce Perez - Cadet National Team Member
Zitlaly Perez - Junior National B-Team Member
Fabiolla Carrillo - Junior National B-Team Member
Steven Thompson - 2010 Korean Open Gold Medal Winner
Kellie Fairbanks - 2010 Korean Open Silver Medal Winner