Oh Dear ...

I keep telling you, an ice age is coming :D. Just wait for the catastrophic inversion ... mind you, we have got behind and pushed quite hard on the warming trend this time. The trees are at carbon choke point, the oceans have absorbed as much of the greenhouse gasses as they can and are reaching thermal-damping capacity ... so, just maybe, we have fried ourselves. It'll flip back into cooling eventually but I wonder if there'll be a technological civilisation left when it does?

Climate Change Deniers {I always think of stockings when I use that word :lol:} usually fail to realise just how fragile our hold on survival is as a species. We are entering a period of crop failures in the usually fertile production areas of the world - we can't take too many of those before people start to starve and then it all goes to hell in a handbasket. Small global-average changes have big effects on us, so numbers that seem insignificant are ones we need to be paying attention to. We've nearly gone out as a species before due to climatological changes and, contra-logically, we are actually more vulnerable to it now there are so many of us than we were previously.

Time to get those nuke stations on-line and stop burning oil and gas for electricity generation.

Latest Discussions

Back