Offensive and defensive motion.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beside intent, what is the difference? Should there be a difference. I was taught that Short form one, for instance, is also our first kick set, all be it less exagerated. Was I mislead?
Sean

Ross

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
I was taught that Short form one, for instance, is also our first kick set, all be it less exagerated. Was I mislead?
Sean

Hi Sean.

I've never heard of Short one as our first kick set. Can you expand on this please?

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you follow the premis that kicks are axagerated steps you may use the inherent transitional cats to either kick foward with the lead leg with a front ball snap kick as you are stepping to the rear, each time, you could simply kick to the rear with back kicks, or mix it up. On each cover you may execute knife edge kicks to the side, or perhaps execute the kajukenbo type full extended back kicks (I woulden't recomend it but if you like to lean away, this is the time).
Sean

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the contrary, there is plenty of offensive potential without lobbing kicks at imaginary opponents. Its chalked full of buckles and sweeps. I would also like to add that this is as good a time as any to play with different points of origin with your hand basics.
Sean

Latest Discussions