number one sport in Mexico

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
In Mexico the national sport is FootBall Soccer, we have major leage, junior leage,children leage, amateurs,profesionals,good teams,alot of games and every one sees the footbol by tv and a lot of Mexicans from 60 to 4 years play or traing soccer. However TKD is behind and not to far from soccer, with all the media we got now (tv/internet,etc) there are coming more and more children,teens and adults to train in dojangs, besides TKD has given us olimpic medals and international chapions,something foot ball soccer has not.

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Seriously? What are the #2 & #3 sports for Mexico in terms of tv ratings and stadium attendence?

I'd be shocked if TKD came anywhere close to the top 5. My impression was it was soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seriously? What are the #2 & #3 sports for Mexico in terms of tv ratings and stadium attendence?

I'd be shocked if TKD came anywhere close to the top 5. My impression was it was soccer, soccer, and more soccer.

Well soccer as you wrote it is SOCCER, in my state baseball is another sport but not as big as soccer, no other sport matches SOCCER in the amount of people that watch the games or play soccer. TKD is big in my country and I believe (my sambomin too) TKD is one of the sports that people do in my country.

Parents tend to take their children to the dojang because TKD help their children to stay focus, away from tv and video games, to working out and fight obessity,because it's good for the health, because it's fun.

Mom's go to dojang to exercise, because its fashion,because they want to lear how to defend herselves.

Men go to dojang to dump stress, to get in shape and to LEARN SELF DEFESE.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny I believe you when you say TKD is growing in Mexico, but I can never see anything taken over Football(soccor) in Mexico. It will and always will be the number one sport there.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have known Damian Villa and Gus Villa for years. Our schools train together. Damian has become quite famous in Mexico. Mexico will soon become the place for TKD fighters to go if they wan't to make money in Sport TKD.

Manny--I can see you are living up to your New Years resolution. I thought you did not like Sport TKD. We are all very excited about what is going on in Sport TKD in Mexico. My kids are looking forward to fighting down there.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have known Damian Villa and Gus Villa for years. Our schools train together. Damian has become quite famous in Mexico. Mexico will soon become the place for TKD fighters to go if they wan't to make money in Sport TKD.

Manny--I can see you are living up to your New Years resolution. I thought you did not like Sport TKD. We are all very excited about what is going on in Sport TKD in Mexico. My kids are looking forward to fighting down there.

I have to say I love the Martial Art inside Tae Kwon Do the most, Sport Tae Kwon Do is growing at steady pace and it's earning a lot of atention from the people, profesor Dai Won Moon (aka David Moon) is taking TKD things very fine with the Tae Kwon Do Professional League here in México.

I like Pro Tae Kwon Do, remember when a few weeks ago I put here some clips about the Pro TKD? in this sport the fighter uses boxin gloves and can punch to the head. This style of TKD is very nice to me.

About olimpic Tae Kwon Do, What I dislike is the fact that is not too fluidty, just a couple of kicks and then the clinch.

And yes, Olimpic Tae kwon Do is what it is, I can't change it, I have to keep this in mind and I have to live with it.

Yes the Villa brothers are cool, one of them won cash in the Porfesional Tae Kwon Do Leage here in Mexico last year.

Manny

Latest Discussions