No Taekwondo... let it snow let it snow let it snow.......

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
2 major snowstorms within days...... my work out has been shoveling (snow it too wet and heavy for my snowblower). Let it snow let it snow let it snow.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well we are suppose to get 2-4 inches and hoping it does not effect travel, we are suppose to leave tomorrow for Vegas. May have to go to Houston and fly out.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well we are suppose to get 2-4 inches and hoping it does not effect travel, we are suppose to leave tomorrow for Vegas. May have to go to Houston and fly out.

Terry,

I lived in Texas for 7 years, and at one point I could sympothize with you. I know how rain/hail and cold temperatures there shut the city down. But now at this point, 2-4 inches sounds like a god send. Try 24. right now I have almost 3 feet of snow that has appeared in my yard since last Friday. A week ago today, there was NO snow on the ground. Now I have 5-6 feet piles at the end of my drive way. and the driveway is lined with a 3 foot wall of snow.
And guess what!!!!!!! you got it.... chance of more snow on TUE....

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink2tha

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well we not be going now it is snowing and all travel has stopped, we have gotten 4 inches. I know you have alot more than I but for Texas it stops everything.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well we not be going now it is snowing and all travel has stopped, we have gotten 4 inches. I know you have alot more than I but for Texas it stops everything.

So you won't be in Vegas at all or will you just be delayed?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is global warming for you! :)

In Detroit, we generally get about 50 inches of snow every year. This year we've only received about 15 with 6-10 inches this week.

The school cancelled classes Tuesday night but I didn't get the word. I still had 7 crazies brave the snow and we had a great workout.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool. When does Zach fight?

I do not know right now because we are waiting to see if they will allow him to be late, if not no need for him to come. I have put in three calls so far today and nobody has returned our calls.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are delayed terry,

I know what the weather does in texas. Being from this part of the woods, I used to laugh whenever they shut things down. But I do remember how it was there. They just dont have anything to deal with the snow and ice.

I wasnt competing, just meeting friends and helping coach, and hanging out in vegas. Refunds on everything so no loss, just of time with friends.

Good luck getting out of Texas in time. Air travel is completly screwed anymore. Bad enough the cancelations, but now it is just a HUGE hastle.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well we have had over five inches drop so far and it is still falling until after midnight. They are saying maybe up to a foot of snow, that is simple the most for this time of year or anytime really.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And people said it didnt snow in Texas!!!!

Hey that storm is heading our way too.

Forcast is chance of more snow on Tuesday....

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enjoy it we have gotten 8.5 inches and they expect two to four more tonight and of course by Saturday back to high fifties.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And you guys wonder why the Tornados and Hail storms are so violent
icon12.gif