New yellow belt student....

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well last night at the end of our training, I was rewarded with yellow belt. I was surprised and alittle grateful that they did not give me any warning about the testing. They had said that they had been watching me for a couple of weeks and had noticed how well my technique was.

Its such an awsome feeling walking up infront of the class and being rewarded by the sensai and senpai. Not so much with our dojo where its tradition to attack both of them and then them tossing you like a rag doll, but aww well... One day I'll be doing that to the my students. (Positive thinking!!)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on the promotion! That first promotion is a great feeling.

JeffJ

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks guys, ya it is an awsome feeling. I know its just the beginnning, but now I feel like I know something.

Finally some color...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations - it's always nice to have your effort recognized by people whose opinion is important to you! Enjoy your promotion, and keep up the positive attitude - that's the key to reaching your goals.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats...as an old yellow belt student myself, I feel you. Glad things are going good. I'll race you to the next rank...but you might win, considering I've been an actively training yellow belt since May '03... :)

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
Congrats...as an old yellow belt student myself, I feel you. Glad things are going good. I'll race you to the next rank...but you might win, considering I've been an actively training yellow belt since May '03... :)

LOL, your on!!

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cograts. I am happy for you. Passing the first one is great. For some reason though all my belt tests I have ever taken always make me feel like a kid with halloween candy after I found out that I passed.

Again, a well deserved congratulations are in order for you.

RheaHS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, I'm up for my yellow belt in 5 weeks, and boy will I know I'm doing that test, it can be a nasty one in our style.
Anyway, have a great time training, and enjoy having that colour in your life!

OP
Jesse

Jesse

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ohh I can't wait next week is when I get to show off the new color.

I know its only one belt up, but its one belt closer to the black. I love it...

Latest Discussions