New Wing Chun Class Starting...Need Tips for Gaining Interest

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help.

Recently I was given permission by my Sifu to teach Wing Chun. So far I have made only one attempt at advertising for it, which was on good old Craigslist. I got one email, and the person who contacted me did not answer his phone when I called back. I left a voicemail but got no call back.

My question is: can you recommend some places that might be BETTER to advertise? I know I am not going to get swamrs and swarms of people; I am not going to be a millionaire, and I also know that most people who respond may not stick around for very long. However, I would like to at least get more than one reply!

Thanks for any help/tips.

Dong xiao hu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You should 1st make a plan.
2nd establish a web presence. 3rd seek out help from successful small business owners.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

senseiblackbelt

Green Belt
Reaction score
stick flyers out on your local neighbourhood. Make sure to make your advertisement appealing,eyecatching etc. You might wanna also start using website do advertise your dojo. Also you could hit up on people you know and ask them if they want to do wing chun.

lansao

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I would expect fairly significant turnover. Over time you will collect a core group that grows at a slower pace but is a more dependable source of support. Attend local meetups for Wing Chun, but consider attending meetups that are tangential to martial arts as well. For example, general fitness, chess, music, military, correctional officer, and computer programming/security meetups are all places where you might find people interested in the art. The other benefit here is that their cups often come empty.

Hope this was helpful.

~ Alan, Wing Chun Student

Latest Discussions