New to boards

jeorf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. I am 53 yo woman - just tested 2nd dan in TKD. Been practicing for 10 years now. 2nd dan test was one of the best experiences of my life and I'm still high on it (almost 2 weeks ago). I had breast cancer 3 years ago - during the time of training for preliminary BB and then BB. It was such a great part of my treatment and kept up as much as I could all through chemo and surgeries. The martial arts (and my school/community) is a wonderful healer.

Husband is 5th degree in my school so I can add in on couples in same schools. He was 2nd when we met 18 years ago. It took me a while to decide to join in - partly b/c he taught and partly b/c I never had any interest. I started class in the fall instead of joining a gym for the winter. Never looked back.

Also work as a nurse practitioner in endocrinology (diabetes mostly) and am interested in the experiences of people in MA with the disease.

This seems like a very compassionate community. Glad to be a part of it. LOVE that I'm a white belt again!! ;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A huge welcome to you, it's lovely to have a fellow mature lady on board! :wavey:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!
icon6.gif

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Welcome! It sounds like you have a lot of life experience. While I think that you should abandon TKD and join us in a real art like BJJ (just kidding), 10 years in martial arts is awesome. I think it's also very cool that you started later in life. I began training at about 32 and started BJJ just after my 36th bday.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is wonderful to have you here. I am looking forward to hearing lots more from you. Take care Jenna xo

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to Martial Talk.

Enjoy the white belt status again.

Latest Discussions